The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Nurse Chapel IS in the movie. Sorta. (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7574)

RedShirtsRuS 05-16-2009 03:40 PM

Nurse Chapel IS in the movie. Sorta.

I watched the movie a second time around, and one of the scenes in sick bay, McCoy yells out to "Nurse Chapel" to so something. I can't remember which scene exactly but I know it was one of the sick bay scenes.

So quit wanting her to be in the movie and relax cus she IS in the movie.

Sorta. :001_cool:

Buckman 05-16-2009 04:01 PM

yeah i heard that too. just after he is told he is now the CMO

That Metal Beastie 05-16-2009 04:24 PM

The scene with fat-handed Kirk in sickbay.

Or what ever they called it in this film.

Futureguy 05-16-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedShirtsRuS (Post 199885)
I watched the movie a second time around, and one of the scenes in sick bay, McCoy yells out to "Nurse Chapel" to so something. I can't remember which scene exactly but I know it was one of the sick bay scenes.

So quit wanting her to be in the movie and relax cus she IS in the movie.

Sorta. :001_cool:

Heard it also during my second viewing!

Elizadolots 05-16-2009 09:32 PM

Yeah, it's when McCoy drags Kirk into sick bay and gives him gigantic hands...McCoy steps off screen but we hear him say "Where's Chapel?".

Thascales 05-16-2009 09:36 PM

He says something like 'nurse Chapel, I need 50ccs of cortizol (?)'. So yeah, she's in. Hopefully she didn't explode when the torpedo hit...

CDH-313 05-16-2009 09:43 PM

I noticed the "Nurse Chapel" reference during my first - and only :( - viewing, but was disappointed that we didn't actually see her. It was nice to hear Majel's voice as the computer, though.

Pauln6 05-17-2009 01:35 AM

I really liked the cameo. Chapel is always going to be playing second fiddle to McCoy in a movie - there just isn't enough time to give her anything to do. I have a bigger issue with the absence of Rand, since they could easily have involved her in the action. Hopefully, now that Kirk is in place, there will be a space for her to appear in the next film. They really need to mkae more use of the established female characters. Two were entirely absent, one got killed, and Chapel got a miniscule cameo.

Beetlescott 05-18-2009 06:43 PM

I didn't catch McCoy saying "Nurse Chapel" until today!!! (4th viewing!!!) I must be getting slow in my old age;)

Elizadolots 05-18-2009 09:33 PM

I think we even hear her respond with a "yes, Doctor"....I'm so sure she'll be in the next movie.