The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What are your favourite moments in Star Trek (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7452)

starwarsrcks 05-14-2009 04:24 AM

What are your favourite moments in Star Trek

so we all have seen the movie so what was your favourite moments

JBElliott 05-14-2009 10:40 AM

My favorite moments in the new movie when we were shown the competence of each character. All too often in other movies the characters were made to look incompetent for the sake of a plot point (e.g. McCoy didn't know enough about Klingon physiology to save a life in Undiscovered Country) or comedy (e.g. Uhura didn't know Klingon in UC, Scotty walks into a bulkhead after stating he knows every inch of the ship).

If the Enterprise is the best ship in the fleet, it's because of her crew. So it was very nice to see them shown as the best and brightest of Star Fleet.

mctrek1 05-14-2009 10:46 AM

I loved when Bones asked Spock "Are you out of your Vulcan mind?" It had to be done.

Enterprise NCC-1701-A 05-14-2009 10:47 AM

i think seeing all the characters in there seats by the end of the movie made me proud, also seeing the Big E in action that's a plus :)

cjopbj 05-14-2009 10:49 AM

The fight between Kirk and Spock (after coming back from the ice planet.) To me that was the emotional climax of the movie. It was the moment when everyone realizes that not only does Spock have deep emotions but that Kirk is right. That ultimately, Kirk is the better captain. It is the moment of greatest compassion because it is the moment with the full impact of the loss of Spock's home planet is felt.

cliffsss 05-14-2009 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starwarsrcks (Post 197132)
so we all have seen the movie so what was your favourite moments

When the ship was shown for the first time

NCC-73515 05-14-2009 11:08 AM

The silent space scenes.

vantheman77 05-14-2009 11:10 AM

I like the whole film so much that I can't pick out any favorite moment. There was never even one dull moment in the film.

FanWriter45 05-14-2009 11:37 AM

Easily, it was George Kirk's sacrifice so that his wife and son could live. That moment was the set up for the whole film, AND it gave an almost operatic mythology to Jim Kirk's life.

MissionTrek08 05-14-2009 11:42 AM

Hard to argue with that one, Fan -- it was an unexpected and welcome deepening to Jim's character and destiny, unique to this story.

Another for me would be Bones' introduction and subseqent scenes: one, because Urban did a great job with the character, and two, it solidified the future of the 'trinity' between the three main characters. It proved the film has in its own way recaptured lightning in a bottle for this troika, which is the character engine driving the best of TOS-era TREK.