The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Starfleet Technical Manual? (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7440)

Steve Mavronis 05-13-2009 05:19 PM

New Starfleet Technical Manual?

I still have my original Starfleet Technical Manual from when it first came out. Now that we have a fresh new Star Trek to carry us forward, how about a revised Starfleet Technical Manual to go along with it? It would go a long way to help establish canon for the new Star Trek universe. I assume the script writers were probably given guidelines about what is canon now with this new Star Trek describing the ships, characters, etc. just like they did with the original series? Also, I think a new Star Trek Blueprints packet would be cool too, with scale ship(s) and set plans.

celticarchie 05-13-2009 05:34 PM

You don't need any thought to be put into a popcorn movie, from what I've read in the forum, the warp core is a hamster in a wheel. :001_tt2:

AyanEva 05-13-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by celticarchie (Post 196617)
You don't need any thought to be put into a popcorn movie, from what I've read in the forum, the warp core is a hamster in a wheel. :001_tt2:

Oh god no! They ejected the hamsters into the black hole?! :crying:

(multiple hamsters since there were multiple cores ejected)

flw 05-13-2009 05:59 PM

Yeah, but don't worry - they'll pop out the other side, back into the prime universe, bald, tattooed and thirsting for revenge!

gornski 05-13-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flw (Post 196655)
Yeah, but don't worry - they'll pop out the other side, back into the prime universe, bald, tattooed and thirsting for revenge!

Now that's funny.:thumbup::lol:

Magnum78 05-13-2009 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Mavronis (Post 196595)
how about a revised Starfleet Technical Manual to go along with it? Also, I think a new Star Trek Blueprints packet would be cool too, with scale ship(s) and set plans.

I would also be interested in these! I also still have all my (and/or my dad's) old Star Trek manuals, blueprints, maps, etc. I was impressed with the latest design of the Enterprise, I'd love to see it on paper.

Steve Mavronis 05-13-2009 06:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another thing that would be cool is a CD or DVD like they did with the Star Trek: The Next Generation Interactive Technical Manual. That was pretty cool.

Aqua 05-13-2009 07:01 PM

Love the interactive tech manual :) I have that and all the printed manuals too, wonderful stuff.

Now that we have DVDs instead of CDs... how about an interactive tech manual for ALL of the ships :)

captain spock 05-13-2009 07:11 PM

Have you tried the tour on this site? It looks cool but I didn't go through all the rigmarole to get started.

Aqua 05-13-2009 07:20 PM

are you talking about the thing with the webcam and printer? I don't have a printer, nor do I have a webcam.