The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Comments & Suggestions (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Repeats, Repeats, Repeats (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7359)

Jim in St. Louis 05-12-2009 11:54 AM

Repeats, Repeats, Repeats

So is it just me or is anyone else frustrated with the Movie Forum? You enter a conversation, come back an hour later and it's four pages back. Why must several threads be started talking about the similarities between Nemesis and XI? Or "12 things I hate about the movie". Or "My Spin on this, that or the other thing". The forum has a search feature. Why isn't it used before starting a new thread to discuss something that has been discussed to death. There is also a Sticky for movie reviews. Please use it. Is the board still moderated? And then I feel like a JA when I say something.

OK, I'm done and,,,,,,, Sorry :blushing:

MrQ1701 05-12-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in St. Louis (Post 194595)
So is it just me or is anyone else frustrated with the Movie Forum? You enter a conversation, come back an hour later and it's four pages back. Why must several threads be started talking about the similarities between Nemesis and XI? Or "12 things I hate about the movie". Or "My Spin on this, that or the other thing". The forum has a search feature. Why isn't it used before starting a new thread to discuss something that has been discussed to death. There is also a Sticky for movie reviews. Please use it. Is the board still moderated? And then I feel like a JA when I say something.

OK, I'm done and,,,,,,, Sorry :blushing:

It's just the nature of the beast.

Jim in St. Louis 05-12-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrQ1701 (Post 194608)
It's just the nature of the beast.

I know. I never should have brought it up. But links to pictures of cakes that look like the 1701A should go in the General Discussion board.

MrQ1701 05-12-2009 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in St. Louis (Post 194613)
I know. I never should have brought it up. But links to pictures of cakes that look like the 1701A should go in the General Discussion board.

Mmmmmm....cake!! :drool5:

ST Redshirt 05-12-2009 12:18 PM

Hi,

We're constantly moving and merging threads. The board is just that busy. As I've said before please use the report post feature if something is posted in the wrong forum. If you feel a thread should be merged with another, send the URL to both threads and we'll take a look.

Thanks!

Jim in St. Louis 05-12-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ST Redshirt (Post 194643)
Hi,

We're constantly moving and merging threads. The board is just that busy. As I've said before please use the report post feature if something is posted in the wrong forum. If you feel a thread should be merged with another, send the URL to both threads and we'll take a look.

Thanks!

Thanks Red! Again, sorry for b!tchin about it!

ST Redshirt 05-12-2009 12:37 PM

That's OK! You can PM me with URL's to threads that need merging also :)

Smothwe3009 05-12-2009 12:55 PM

What frustrates me is that I log in, and if I have to get up to tend to my 2yr. old, the thing logs me out and I have to log in again.

martok2112 05-12-2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smothwe3009 (Post 194765)
What frustrates me is that I log in, and if I have to get up to tend to my 2yr. old, the thing logs me out and I have to log in again.

I hadn't noticed, but isn't there a "remember me" option in the log in protocol? If there is, try using that....it'll save ye' some keystrokes. :)

Jim in St. Louis 05-12-2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martok2112 (Post 194936)
I hadn't noticed, but isn't there a "remember me" option in the log in protocol? If there is, try using that....it'll save ye' some keystrokes. :)

The "Remember Me" button works on my laptop and pc but never on my iPod.