The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   (Maybe Spoiler) This IS Star Trek, and it IS Canon (maybe Spoiler) (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6910)

Commodore Ismay 05-04-2009 01:32 PM

(Maybe Spoiler) This IS Star Trek, and it IS Canon (maybe Spoiler)
 
The New Film plays into a Parrallel Universe not into a Alternative Timeline because in the known Timeline JTK is Born on Earth in Ioha and his Dad newer was First Officer at the Kelvin. Spock and Nero travels accidently by the affects of the Singularity which was created to defeat the Supernova into this Parralleluniverse, and this change the Timeline into this Parraleluniverse So the Destroy Vulcan which should be the Wrath of Nero to Spock into our Timeline Is an Attack to the Spock into this Paralleltimeline.

and who is asking why Spock not travelles Back to our Universe he thinks he is more usefull into this Universe because the Vulcans an endangered Species now I think.

And So it is ABSOLUTLY TREK AND ABSOLUTLY CANON:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

omegaman 05-04-2009 01:41 PM

Single Universe, alternate timeline which has its own canon from the point of its creation.

Jed Starkiller 05-04-2009 02:06 PM

Actually According to Countdown Comic




SPOILER

Mjolnir2000 05-04-2009 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omegaman (Post 185230)
Single Universe, alternate timeline which has its own canon from the point of its creation.

The OPs explanation makes more sense.

Diron Hod 05-04-2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omegaman (Post 185230)
Single Universe, alternate timeline which has its own canon from the point of its creation.

I thought it was that until I read Countdown, seems more like what happed in "In a Mirrior Darkly"

Thascales 05-04-2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mjolnir2000 (Post 185250)
The OPs explanation makes more sense.

But omegaman's explanation is true. :P

omegaman 05-04-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mjolnir2000 (Post 185250)
The OPs explanation makes more sense.

As I understand it Nero and Spock are thrown back in time of their own timeline where events then create the alternate timeline. This event occurs in the current Universe NOT a parallel one. Therefore single Universe, alternate timeline. NOT Parallel Universe, parallel timeline.

Mjolnir2000 05-04-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thascales (Post 185255)
But omegaman's explanation is true. :P

According to whom? The only thing that's canon is what appears in the film, not what the writers say about the film. Writers can change their minds, and often do - nothing is set in stone until it appears on screen, and as long as there's nothing in the movie that actually states this is the same universe, then you can't say one way or the other.

Edit: for example, didn't the director of Nemesis mistakenly say at one point that Geordi was an alien? Just because someone associated with a production says something, that doesn't make it true within the context of said production.

Thascales 05-04-2009 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mjolnir2000 (Post 185262)
According to whom? The only thing that's canon is what appears in the film, not what the writers say about the film. Writers can change their minds, and often do - nothing is set in stone until it appears on screen, and as long as there's nothing in the movie that actually states this is the same universe, then you can't say one way or the other.

Edit: for example, didn't the director of Nemesis mistakenly say at one point that Geordi was an alien? Just because someone associated with a production says something, that doesn't make it true within the context of said production.

Fair to say. I've not seen the film, so I don't know what they say about the timeline divergence within the canon. I'd be surprised if it turns out to be a fully parallel universe rather than a split timeline though (and it scares me that I know the difference, I should get out more).

Magnum 05-04-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commodore Ismay (Post 185219)
The New Film plays into a Parrallel Universe not into a Alternative Timeline because in the known Timeline JTK is Born on Earth in Ioha and his Dad newer was First Officer at the Kelvin. Spock and Nero travels accidently by the affects of the Singularity which was created to defeat the Supernova into this Parralleluniverse, and this change the Timeline into this Parraleluniverse So the Destroy Vulcan which should be the Wrath of Nero to Spock into our Timeline Is an Attack to the Spock into this Paralleltimeline.

and who is asking why Spock not travelles Back to our Universe he thinks he is more usefull into this Universe because the Vulcans an endangered Species now I think.

And So it is ABSOLUTLY TREK AND ABSOLUTLY CANON:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sorry, but I disagree with you.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.