The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Star Trek Discussions (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   How old were you when you started watching Star Trek? (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62)

ChessMess 01-31-2008 01:07 AM

How old were you when you started watching Star Trek?

Me, I was 5 years old watching TOS. Thanks Dad! :)

You?

Indiana Jones 01-31-2008 01:11 AM

I was about 3 years old. My first Star Trek was TMP, followed by TOS re-runs on the BBC. Mother and Grandad were TOS fans and had watched it since it first aired in England.

St. Martyne 01-31-2008 01:13 AM

I was 15 and it happened in 2002. It was TOS, actually, so I started in a right way.

Calvert 01-31-2008 01:25 AM

I started watching in the age of 11 years --> television premiere of "The next Generation" on the German TV station ZDF (07.09.1990) :) .

Stanky McFibberich 01-31-2008 01:26 AM

Six and a half.

Indiana Jones 01-31-2008 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calvert (Post 628)
I started watching in the age of 11 years --> television premiere of "The next Generation" on the German TV station ZDF (07.09.1990) :) .

What's that thing in your av?

Commodore 01-31-2008 01:48 AM

I may have been four. I grew up watching TOS in second-run syndication during the '70s and it was a part of my childhood.

Calvert 01-31-2008 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indiana Jones (Post 647)
What's that thing in your av?

Uhm... searching the english word....

...oh, the same like in German. I think it's a Lama with a bit longer fur than normally ^^.
Don't know the right name of this kind of animal :). But isn't it funny? ^^

alcibiade666 01-31-2008 02:12 AM

I think I was about 8. My mother is a fan, so she asked me if I wanted to watch Star Trek, as I was already a science-fiction fan. First movie I watched was Star Trek III - The search for Spock...From there I became a fan and watched all the movies and TV episodes of all the series

Stef* 01-31-2008 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChessMess (Post 606)
Me, I was 5 years old watching TOS. Thanks Dad! :)

You?

Exactly the same here with me.

I painted planets and stars and had Billions of silly questions as a girl with five has.

So one day he came and said: "Hey, Stef, there is something in TV you might like."

"What is it?", I asked. I often watched the same in TV with my Dad. We shared the same interests and I was perhaps more his boy than actually a girl in this times.

My Das was on it's way to our TV already to switch it on. "You will see. It's about a spaceship and stars."

I went on my favorite place in the living room and nodded. "Cool, Science Fiction. Let's see."

A day to remember, since our TV was new and in color and this was so, so new in 1974 in Germany. You had to switch it on and wait a bit, until the picture formed. Actually we had three channels and one of these channels brought "Raumschiff Enterprise" (aka Star Trek).

I know it as if it was today. It was "Immunity Syndrome" and this man with the pointed ears captured me right from the spot. He was so alien, but everybody so cared for him and he for them. He was so proud. Man, he was smart and this was an alien. I was totally absorbed with my five years of age and discussed the possibility of aliens, black holes in space and spaceships .... and Spock with my Dad.

That was 33 Years ago and since then I never missed an Episode, I never missed anything about Spock and it changed my life and my opinions about humans and how to act properly totally.

I have to thank my Dad and Star Trek for what I am today - I will ever do.