The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Abramsprise-D (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6197)

Admiral Archer 04-06-2009 02:51 PM

Abramsprise-D

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, I know I'll be shot full of holes for doing this, but I did a quick little photo edit of the Enterprise-D in MS Paint in order to see what the Enterprise-D would look like in the Abrams universe. It's not THAT great, though, so don't expect too much. This is just kind of a "what-if" type thing. I'll be looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say!:thumbup:

NCC-73515 04-06-2009 02:54 PM

The nacelles must be bigger and the neck... just kidding :D
Reminds me of the assimilated ships from some games.

buffs79 04-06-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admiral Archer (Post 169717)
Okay, I know I'll be shot full of holes for doing this, but I did a quick little photo edit of the Enterprise-D in MS Paint in order to see what the Enterprise-D would look like in the Abrams universe. It's not THAT great, though, so don't expect too much. This is just kind of a "what-if" type thing. I'll be looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say!:thumbup:

Nice concept! I wonder if any of our CG-Guru's could pull one off.

I don't think it'd be that white though. Otherwise, great!

ThePhaige 04-06-2009 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admiral Archer (Post 169717)
I'll be looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say!:thumbup:

I would say a closed mouth gathers no foot.....

but a B+ for effort

Admiral Archer 04-06-2009 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buffs79 (Post 169722)
I don't think it'd be that white though. Otherwise, great!

I actually wanted it to be really white to match the look of the new Abrams universe. One thing that has struck me as very consistent in his take on Star Trek is the prominence of white and blue. I wanted this design to reflect that.

ThePhaige 04-06-2009 03:23 PM

In response to your Huh?:confused: that you either deleted or was deleted...

Ok let me be truthful...at first when I saw this I took it as a sarcastic knock on the movie. Anytime I see the term Abramsprise to describe the Enterprise I get a bit flustermigated and automatically think...Troll post! Or new movie hater! So having said that, perhaps that was not the intent here so forgive me for my comment if it seemed smart a$$.

Now in all honesty regarding your render. Some people may find it fun and interesting to change things to look like they fit somewhere else and that's cool if that's you. There is a place for everyone's contribution within reason. This particular one however I could not identify with nor can I identify with wanting to see the D in this color scheme. As for the work...yeah it looks like the colors you chose alright....well done...and frankly a "colored in MS paint image". does that mean its bad? That is the thing with art, its all perception and in the words of Timothy Leary "One mans high is another mans bad trip".

Ok now I will insert my foot....

DammitJim 04-06-2009 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePhaige (Post 169727)
I would say a closed mouth gathers no foot.....

funny though... can I use it??

ThePhaige 04-06-2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DammitJim (Post 169810)
funny though... can I use it??

Sure lol

Heres another one I frequent:

May my words be tender and juicy for one day soon I may have to eat them

Admiral Archer 04-07-2009 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePhaige (Post 169743)
Anytime I see the term Abramsprise to describe the Enterprise I get a bit flustermigated and automatically think...Troll post! Or new movie hater! So having said that, perhaps that was not the intent here so forgive me for my comment if it seemed smart a$$.

Don't worry dude, I knew someone was probably going to misunderstand my usage of the word "Abramsprise". My intent was not to down the new ship (I actually think it's my new favorite trek ship ever) but to get across that this is the Enterprise-D as it appears in the new movie timeline. I also knew I'd get bashed big time for doing this, just as Ryan Church has recieved a ton of criticism for his design. In any case, thanks for the honesty! I appreciate it. :thumbup: