The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   TV Spot For Trekkies (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6165)

Litchfield 04-04-2009 04:00 AM

TV Spot For Trekkies
 
We've had ads targeted at the action movie crowd, the football crowd and many others, so why can't we have a TV spot aimed at us, the loyal trek fans? I mean, i think its about time we saw nimoy for more than 3 seconds!

Lord Tribble 04-04-2009 05:24 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w4vk5OZmn8

ThePhaige 04-04-2009 06:47 AM

were already sold aren't we :)

kevin 04-04-2009 07:52 AM

I'm quite happy with the stuff that's been coming out - trailer 3 was a little more 'fan' oriented than the first couple but I've been sold on the film for a year, I don't really need any more convincing!

Litchfield 04-04-2009 08:11 AM

Yeah i know but its be nice to see spock properly, and mabye a 'im a doctor jim not a ......' don't you think?

kevin 04-04-2009 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Litchfield (Post 168732)
Yeah i know but its be nice to see spock properly, and mabye a 'im a doctor jim not a ......' don't you think?

We know we're going to get that though,

And if they gave us all the little nods the writers suggest are there before we see it, it wouldn't be a surprise when we see it!:D

Litchfield 04-04-2009 08:34 AM

Yeaaah, i guesss .

ThePhaige 04-04-2009 08:51 AM

You know the 150 mil they spent on the film, I wonder if the marketing budget is separate because 150 mil doesn't go far in adverts and merchandise. I think they spent 3 mil just for the Superbowl 30 sec clip alone...

horatio 04-04-2009 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Litchfield (Post 168667)
We've had ads targeted at the action movie crowd, the football crowd and many others, so why can't we have a TV spot aimed at us, the loyal trek fans? I mean, i think its about time we saw nimoy for more than 3 seconds!

I don't think that TV clips are specifially designed for a target audience. Thirty seconds just make it hard to avoid fast cutting.

ThePhaige 04-04-2009 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horatio (Post 168761)
I don't think that TV clips are specifially designed for a target audience. Thirty seconds just make it hard to avoid fast cutting.

Oh they are targeted, this last TV spot is running around the Wrestling, fight night crowds with rockin fight night music....the previous was targeted to younger audience showing Kirk as a kid again shown on the kid networks.

I think the trailers are more or less not as targeted though.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.