The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Who sold their star trek dolls after watching The 40 Year Old Virgin? (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615)

Chris Fawkes 02-12-2008 06:01 AM

Who sold their star trek dolls after watching The 40 Year Old Virgin?
 
Come on, fess up.

TribbleWrangler 02-12-2008 06:49 AM

Not me.
They're a Legacy for my kid when HE grows up...

Magellanic 02-12-2008 10:53 AM

I have Trek dolls, and I've yet to watch 40 Year Old Virgin (I know, I know..i really have to!!) But I'll probably end up putting most of my Star Trek stuff in a box somewhere...

sir num nums 02-12-2008 11:08 AM

What are you kidding, I tried to go out and buy some after watching the movie.

heven729 02-12-2008 01:40 PM

It was just a movie..... lol

The Doctor 02-12-2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sir num nums (Post 12176)
What are you kidding, I tried to go out and buy some after watching the movie.

Nice..

I really don't have any Star Trek dolls, I was always more interested in the ships. I do have a ton of models of the ships (I used to love the Micromachines ones), but I'm pretty secure in my identity as a geek, so they're still out on display like always.

Ampris 02-12-2008 05:54 PM

If I'd have known people were going to get rid of their Trek stuff after seeing that movie I would've gotten serious about yardsale-ing. But alas, I wasn't aware of the joys of Trek at that time, so no discarded toys for me. =(

LOL, but seriously, I don't think that anyone should feel pressured to stop doing something they love just 'cause of how you appear doing it. Forget about all the stereotypes and forced conformation to a certain way of thinking and just enjoy what you like!

The Doctor 02-12-2008 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ampris (Post 12361)
If I'd have known people were going to get rid of their Trek stuff after seeing that movie I would've gotten serious about yardsale-ing. But alas, I wasn't aware of the joys of Trek at that time, so no discarded toys for me. =(

LOL, but seriously, I don't think that anyone should feel pressured to stop doing something they love just 'cause of how you appear doing it. Forget about all the stereotypes and forced conformation to a certain way of thinking and just enjoy what you like!

Hear hear.

kukalakana 02-12-2008 07:27 PM

No. :001_cool:

Firstly, I don't have any Trek dolls (so far)

Secondly, I'll never be a forty year old virgin. :thumbup:

Thirdly, I don't particularly give a damn what some stereotypical bull crap like that movie would have to say about my life.

Chris Fawkes 02-13-2008 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kukalakana (Post 12417)
No. :001_cool:


Secondly, I'll never be a forty year old virgin. :thumbup:

I pray that you get well soon.:lol:


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.