The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Yay! (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=576)

Quark 02-10-2008 07:29 AM

Yay!

I'm going to see C L O V E R F I E L D again for the third time! My friend hasn't seen it yet so we are going to see it. Hopefully it will be the first show because anytime before 12, the bargain show's are just $6! Afterwards, they are the usual $8.75. How many of you have seen movies that were so good, you had to watch them multiple times? Mind you, that were also worth paying for! lol

Captain_of_the_Enterprise 02-10-2008 07:58 AM

The last time I think I spent 26.50 (exaggeration) going to see a movie twice was Star Wars Episode III. Cloverfield would be worth seeing it twice, but I just don't have time being at school and all.

TribbleWrangler 02-10-2008 09:08 AM

I don't go see movies twice in theaters anymore

_Eris_ 02-10-2008 12:28 PM

Haven't seen it yet, I was way thrilled when I first saw the teaser in
Transformers, though.
I think the 'steadycam' would make me sick, not worth paying to watch
it in theatres....
I think, the last movie I saw more than twice in theatres, was LOTR Two Towers.

NCC-73515 02-10-2008 12:53 PM

I saw First Contact, Insurrection and Nemesis twice in theaters.

JabYerWocky 02-10-2008 05:08 PM

I decided not to see Cloverfield after two of my friends saw it and had to leave early. The handheld camera perspective was too much for them, made them disoriented, and gave them headaches. One of them threw up in the trash can as he left. I decided it jsut wasnt worth it.

sir num nums 02-10-2008 05:19 PM

I think I will wait for the DVD, so if I start to feel ill, I can pause the movie. lol

Quark 02-10-2008 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_of_the_Enterprise (Post 11045)
The last time I think I spent 26.50 (exaggeration) going to see a movie twice was Star Wars Episode III. Cloverfield would be worth seeing it twice, but I just don't have time being at school and all.

Yeah, I'm starting school tomorrow myself, so I tried to make the most of my last day before hell, lol!:001_tongue:What better way than to see a movie like this? lol!

Ditroi 02-11-2008 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JabYerWocky (Post 11300)
I decided not to see Cloverfield after two of my friends saw it and had to leave early. The handheld camera perspective was too much for them, made them disoriented, and gave them headaches. One of them threw up in the trash can as he left. I decided it jsut wasnt worth it.

Remember Blair Witch Project? That made me really sick... and spooked my little sister and me for the whole summer. Hated dark doorways.

Oh and wait more than an hour after eating a big meal before you go on the simulator ride at Star Trek the Experience... Usually I'm pretty good and enjoyed it, but my queasiness almost got in the way near the end.
I've seen a handful of movies in a theater setting more than once...that's because half of them were free. When you are or/ have had involvement with the film making business in any degree you get invited to free screenings. Sucks for me now... I'm too busy to take up most of the offers. I work 7 days a week almost.... no time to watch the movies I want to see...even though I have the dough for it. I've been on a dvd buying binge(mostly used) to make up for it.