The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Create your own Trek smilies! (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5445)

DNA-1842 02-03-2009 01:21 PM

Create your own Trek smilies!

And then get it put into the forum smilies bank, thingy!

Our esteemed friend and board fiddler ST Blueshirt would like to invite all those interested in having their own smiley icon put into the forum to submit their ideas into this new thread!

[EDIT]:Yup, just create it, upload it to the net, Flickr or whatever, and paste it into a post in this thead!
So, for the windows users the most simple program to use would be MSPaint, and save as a .jpg, or .png file or something. The simplest smiley :001_smile: is 20 pixels by twenty pixels. MSPaint will not allow you to do animations as far as I am aware, however.

If you do want to do animations, then I suggest that you download GIMP, which is free, and safe to download. Once you have that, and want to start, I cannot type up a lesson just now so I shall direct you to this page for the moment, in the hope that it is some help!
[/EDIT]

Here is my one as an example:

You can see what it is meant to be. Your one need not be animated if you so wish, naturally!

And probably some of our artists can take requests, maybe!*

__
*But not me at the moment. 'Cause I have exams.

CAPTAIN MOUSE 02-03-2009 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DNA-1842 (Post 146498)
And then get it put into the forum smilies bank, thingy!

Our esteemed friend and board fiddler ST Blueshirt would like to invite all those interested in having their own smiley icon put into the forum to submit their ideas into this new thread!

Here is my one as an example:

You can see what it is meant to be. Your one need not be animated if you so wish, naturally!

And probably some of our artists can take requests, maybe!*

__
*But not me at the moment. 'Cause I have exams.

How and where do we submit "smilies"?

DNA-1842 02-03-2009 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAPTAIN MOUSE (Post 146502)
How and where do we submit "smilies"?

Umm... Right here?

Yup, just create it, upload it to the net, Flickr or whatever, and paste it into a post in this thead!

admiralroot 02-03-2009 01:31 PM

how do we create one in the first place?

DNA-1842 02-03-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by admiralroot (Post 146506)
how do we create one in the first place?

Ah, okay!

So, for the windows users the most simple program to use would be MSPaint, and save as a .jpg, or .png file or something. The simplest smiley :001_smile: is 20 pixels by twenty pixels. MSPaint will not allow you to do animations as far as I am aware, however.

If you do want to do animations, then I suggest that you download GIMP, which is free, and safe to download. Once you have that, and want to start, I cannot type up a lesson just now so I shall direct you to this page for the moment, in the hope that it is some help!

NCC-73515 02-03-2009 02:13 PM

Your example is good... if you could just make the brows look Vulcan ;)

ST Blueshirt 02-03-2009 03:45 PM

Sticky'd :)

tomcatjosh 02-03-2009 04:42 PM

Lol :D

DNA-1842 02-04-2009 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ST Blueshirt (Post 146531)
Sticky'd :)

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCC-73515 (Post 146518)
Your example is good... if you could just make the brows look Vulcan ;)

I did try, but I was trying to stick with the simple smiley hear size, so it did not quite work!:thumbup:

DNA-1842 02-25-2009 01:25 PM

Anybody?...

Help?...