The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Come on, Paramount. Give a fan a bone! (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5152)

Dominus of Megadeus 01-12-2009 06:13 AM

Come on, Paramount. Give a fan a bone!

I don't know about you, fellow Trekkers, but I've been scouring Google News every day in hopes of a new story about the upcoming Star Trek film--hoping they would release some new images of the Enterprise (interior or exterior), shuttlecraft in action...Starfleet Headquarters...Somethun! I wanna know if Tyler Perry will be dressed as Madea: Federation President! :001_smile:

Come on, Paramount. I know you have a Star Trek ad planned for the Super Bowl, but that now seems so far away! Throw your fans a bone!

Anyone else like to see more Star Trek photos? If so, what kinds?

jla1987 01-12-2009 06:15 AM

My only hope for something new is that the Super Bowl ad will contain entirely new footage.

CAPTAIN MOUSE 01-12-2009 06:32 AM

I'm not sure...Too many appetizers can spoil a meal. I already have the the napkin
tucked in my collar and my mouth is watering..Bring on the meal...That's just me though.

Dominus of Megadeus 01-12-2009 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAPTAIN MOUSE (Post 139198)
I'm not sure...Too many appetizers can spoil a meal. I already have the the napkin
tucked in my collar and my mouth is watering..Bring on the meal...That's just me though.

Deep!
(Throwing tantrum at the solid logic, screaming, "But I Trek! I wanna! I wanna! I wanna!")

Big D 01-12-2009 08:31 AM

They've been tossing us plenty of bones, both verbal and visual - we are indeed in danger of having too much spoiled if they keep indulging us.

CAPTAIN MOUSE 01-12-2009 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big D (Post 139241)
They've been tossing us plenty of bones, both verbal and visual - we are indeed in danger of having too much spoiled if they keep indulging us.

Most Certainly. I agree.:D

mmoore 01-12-2009 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominus of Megadeus (Post 139188)
Come on, Paramount. Give a fan a bone!

Here ya go.

MissionTrek08 01-12-2009 09:58 AM

Very unlikely they would have released anything new over the holidays, since their intended audience would be both dispersed and distracted.

On the other hand, the website opened in mid-January last year, so we should be arriving at the window where they restart the marketing motors again. Certainly the Super Bowl ad (Feb. 1) is a big step in that direction.

Agreed that too many appetizers will spoil our dinner -- patience is required. I'd much rather wait for tidbits for a few more months than not enjoy the film in May because I already know all about it.

tomcatjosh 01-12-2009 12:55 PM

Agreed..

MrQ1701 01-12-2009 12:56 PM

Sometimes I hate having to be patient!!