The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Enterprise (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Should Archer get a warp 7 ship to command in a new series... (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5078)

omegaman 01-05-2009 03:50 PM

Should Archer get a warp 7 ship to command in a new series...

We all know Archers Enterprise was being mothballed at the end of season 4 and that there was talk of the new warp seven ships coming of the production line very soon, so should a new series of Enterprise be created with Archer and his crew warping around the galaxy in a Constitution (or similar) style Enterprise?

horatio 01-05-2009 04:07 PM

First, each crew for its ship. Second, I always imagined that Archer becomes an admiral and serves on Earth before he becomes President of the UFP. Third, the interesting things would have happened during the late 2150s, Earth-Romulan War and the founding of the Federation, so as much as I would love to see another 22nd century show with the warp 7 Daedalus class, it would not work and feel weird without those events depicted in the last three would-have-been seasons of ENT.

omegaman 01-05-2009 04:18 PM

I tend to think that Archer was really deep down an explorer at heart who learned a great lesson and was tempered by his experiences with the Xindi.

I think, given the chance at being an Admiral or commanding a warp seven ship that he would have jumped at the latter and put his career on hold for at least another 5 years. Archer would relish the chance to explore the parts of the galaxy that only a warp seven ship could provide.

horatio 01-06-2009 03:14 AM

Good point. Although 11 years of run-time seems a little short for the NX-class, the velocity increase from warp 5 to warp 7 might make it pretty much obsolete. And as you don't necessarily retire after 11 years in space, why not serve on a new Starship class.

Commodore 01-06-2009 12:55 PM

I vote for the U.S.S. Voyager, NCC-156, as Archer's next ship...

DNA-1842 01-06-2009 01:04 PM

I vote for Defiant to come first!

Datalore 01-06-2009 01:50 PM

Archer was a great captain stuck in the wrong time, the series should have takin place after next gen.

CAPTAIN MOUSE 01-06-2009 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Datalore (Post 137595)
Archer was a great captain stuck in the wrong time, the series should have takin place after next gen.

Maybe one of Jonathan Archer's decendants becomes the Captain of the the Enterprise NCC-1701-F.

Yeah I know sheer fanboy reasoning here:thumbup:

Sovereign506 01-08-2009 03:49 AM

I also think that Archer would take the chance to command a new warp 7 starship but I don't think that soon means soon. To reach warp 7 starfleet needs a far more powerfull warpcore. This one would be to big to fit in an Daedalus-Class vessel. So I think the first ship that was big enough to carry such a core was an Constitution-Class vessel. And in the time they were constructed Archer would be an Admiral or to old to serve as an acting Captain.

horatio 01-08-2009 04:18 AM

I always thought that the warp 7 engine mentioned in These are the Voyages would be for the Daedalus class. I would be one of the first Federation starship classes, thus look significantly different from the NX-class and while warp 7 might be a huge leap for mankind, the joint endeavour of Humans, Vulcans, Andorians, Tellarites should quickly lead to it.
Kinda like another first, the first exploration ships after the Earth-Romulan war, the first official joint adventure of several races.