The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   the space station (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=503)

syanara 02-07-2008 01:33 PM

the space station

hey I'm new to posting but I have always loved star trek but I was wondering. Are they gonna have the space station in this one or the space station under construction I think that would be totally kick ***. imagine that huge *** space station hovering over earth under construction.I would totally love that.

Oregon_Coast_Trekkie 02-07-2008 01:34 PM

We'll just have to wait for the movie to find out. Be careful: you just may have ignited the "build on earth" vs. "built in space" debate. Although, one has to assume that spacedock exists at this time in Trek lore.

Captain_of_the_Enterprise 02-07-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregon_Coast_Trekkie (Post 9480)
We'll just have to wait for the movie to find out. Be careful: you just may have ignited the "build on earth" vs. "built in space" debate. Although, one has to assume that spacedock exists at this time in Trek lore.

Ah yes, the irrelevant in the greater scale of things debate of whether or not the Enterprise was built in space. One of my favorites. :)

syanara 02-07-2008 02:30 PM

why are people fighting about it being built in space or on earth? I don't care how and where they built it either way is still cool

HokieinSC 02-07-2008 02:53 PM

Trying to ground in science, not geek out here. The Enterprise HAS to have been built in space. Look at the design. The nacelle struts aren't designed to hold up the nacelles in a high or normal grav situation. The Intrepid class from Voyager is more plausible for a ground based construction because of the compact structure and having seen it land on a planetary surface more than once in that series.

Spock2015 02-07-2008 02:59 PM

this debate has raged on quite intensly on youtube.

sir num nums 02-07-2008 03:08 PM

I think it all depends on when the space station was built.

We know it was not there during the time of the show Enterprise. So, who knows, maybe it will be a added bonus.

Captain_of_the_Enterprise 02-07-2008 04:02 PM

I was being sarcastic in my post, it's not one of my favorites

Oregon_Coast_Trekkie 02-07-2008 04:18 PM

Will finding out where the Enterprise is built affect your enjoyment of the movie?

THIS is why Star Trek gets its "geeky" reputation. People get into heated arguments over something that has NOTHING to do with the show. I gurantee, there's going to be a slap fight in a theatre somewhere on Christmas day because of THIS VERY ISSUE.

HokieinSC 02-07-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregon_Coast_Trekkie (Post 9555)
Will finding out where the Enterprise is built affect your enjoyment of the movie?

THIS is why Star Trek gets its "geeky" reputation. People get into heated arguments over something that has NOTHING to do with the show. I gurantee, there's going to be a slap fight in a theatre somewhere on Christmas day because of THIS VERY ISSUE.

Don't make me come out there and slap you, OCT!!! Earth! Station!! EARTH!!! STATION!!!! *cue silly trekkers rolling on the floor bickering* lol