The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Comments & Suggestions (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   International Release Dates on Revamped Site? (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4976)

TriggerMan 12-29-2008 10:18 PM

International Release Dates on Revamped Site?

Hi there. If this has been answered before, please link me up where it was. But I can't seem to find the list of international release dates on the revamped site, while the old site had them. Is this yet to be added or am I not seeing it?

ST Redshirt 12-30-2008 08:29 PM

Let the site completely load then scroll to the bottom of the page. Right under all the flag buttons it says worldwide release dates. Click on that link.

Bright Eyes 12-30-2008 09:27 PM

With the US release on 8 May I assumed that the 7 May release in Australia was because of the time difference, but then I saw that French speaking countries are getting theirs on the 6th. Curious.

williamLX 01-08-2009 04:55 AM

Interesting to note that the Republic of Ireland (Irish Free State) does not seem to be getting Star Trek at all! Has it been black listed by the Roman Catholic Church (as that is the usual reason films don't get released in the Republic of Ireland)?

MissionTrek08 01-08-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by williamLX (Post 137953)
Interesting to note that the Republic of Ireland (Irish Free State) does not seem to be getting Star Trek at all! Has it been black listed by the Roman Catholic Church (as that is the usual reason films don't get released in the Republic of Ireland)?

Might Paramount have simply included RoI in with the UK's release date, since they could well be the same promotional markets?

DS9TREK 01-24-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissionTrek08 (Post 138143)
Might Paramount have simply included RoI in with the UK's release date, since they could well be the same promotional markets?

That would be norm for American companies.

Bright Eyes 01-24-2009 08:19 PM

I am no apologist for the RCC, but it is most unlikely that Star Trek would be banned by the Vatican.

buffs79 02-01-2009 08:44 PM

ROFL!
Speaking of the condemning of films, I wonder what Westboro Baptist Church thinks about this? :O

williamLX 02-04-2009 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bright Eyes (Post 143060)
I am no apologist for the RCC, but it is most unlikely that Star Trek would be banned by the Vatican.

I wouldn't bet on it. After all the RCC teaches that Earth is the centre of the Universe and Rome is the centre of Earth!

wade8069 04-16-2009 06:29 PM

I have no idea about, I am just wondering whether the ST will have continuation or not.