The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who here... (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4597)

The Saint 12-05-2008 01:35 PM

Who here...

...harbors the secret, perverse idea that when Spock attacks Kirk on the bridge, they'll play the TOS fight music? *raises his hand while wearing a diabolical grin*

CAPTAIN MOUSE 12-05-2008 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Saint (Post 127427)
...harbors the secret, perverse idea that when Spock attacks Kirk on the bridge, they'll play the TOS fight music? *raises his hand while wearing a diabolical grin*

Now that would be great! I can already hear it...I doubt it will happen but, it would be great!

LTJG Iferal 12-05-2008 01:47 PM

Hmmm....would the fight be over too quick to warrant music? Like when Kirk goaded Spock into attacking him in "This Side of Paradise"? The fight lasted about 10 seconds or so.

Big D 12-05-2008 02:19 PM

xD Maybe an orchestral - or metal - arrangement of the tune. It'd be kinda funny if they managed to take that theme and turn it into something that'd 'fit' in the film... as long as it was fairly subtle, it wouldn't kill the scene with unintentional humour.

The Saint 12-05-2008 02:38 PM

I just think that'd be hilarious and oddly endearing. Suddenly the camera changes from mounted HD to jolty Steadicam and the fight music starts playing while Pine and Quinto circle each other under abruptly harsh lighting -- then Greenwood breaks it up with, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TWO DOING?!"

lordisaiah 12-05-2008 02:59 PM

As funny as that might be...
I have the feeling it would feel like that scene in "Maverick" when Gibson and Glover come face to face in the bank, and the Lethal Weapon music plays.

Captain Tightpants 12-05-2008 02:59 PM

TOS fight music would probably be expecting too much, but I'll be very disappointed if Pine doesn't use The Shatner's patented, fingers-interlaced, two-handed chop. Indeed, humanity's only answer to the Vulcan nerve pinch.

MigueldaRican 12-05-2008 03:04 PM

And maybe, the dialogue during the fight could include Kirk going:

"I

have HAD

enough of YOU!"

The Saint 12-05-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Tightpants (Post 127490)
TOS fight music would probably be expecting too much, but I'll be very disappointed if Pine doesn't use The Shatner's patented, fingers-interlaced, two-handed chop. Indeed, humanity's only answer to the Vulcan nerve pinch.

Don't forget about the flying-through-the-air-with-both-feet-and-then-falling-on-your-butt kick. :lol:

lordisaiah 12-05-2008 03:09 PM

The classic moves from an ancient Earth martial art known as Stunt-Fu