The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Will NCC-1701.com ever be updated? (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4522)

MonsieurHood 11-30-2008 06:30 PM

Will NCC-1701.com ever be updated?

Or will Paramount just dump it? Nothing new has transpired there for a year now. This site has been updated three times that I am aware of, but nothing at NCC-1701.com but the same four screens, with the same alternating pictures. We should probably just forget about it, eh?

WildGunsTomcat 11-30-2008 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonsieurHood (Post 125055)
Or will Paramount just dump it? Nothing new has transpired there for a year now. This site has been updated three times that I am aware of, but nothing at NCC-1701.com but the same four screens, with the same alternating pictures. We should probably just forget about it, eh?

CBS has no care about that site bro.

I heard it was supposed to come down anyway.

jerhanner 11-30-2008 06:33 PM

There are 6 months to go, so maybe they're waiting until after Xmas? The folks in marketing are a wiley lot.

wayne1701 12-01-2008 12:25 PM

Why would they update it now Starfleet shipyards boldy go site sponsored by intel, its already got a lot of stuff on there and a full 3d model of the Kelvin, plus i think its not going to be long before we get something on the enterprise on there, so i think NCC 1701 has been swept aside in favour of this fantastic new site

tomcatjosh 12-01-2008 01:10 PM

jj said there is much more to come. so dont rule it out yet

MonsieurHood 12-02-2008 10:29 AM

Hmmm.....So yes.....and no? I'd personally bet on it getting wacked. But stranger things have happened before. But with only five months to go, if they're going to fix it, they'd better get moving.

horatio 12-02-2008 10:40 AM

When the Intel site went up, we discussed it here and labeled it a FAAKKEEE, because it featured NX-style corridors. Obviously we were mistaken, so I guess the ncc-1701 site will also feature some infos earlier or later. JJA likes viral marketing, so he will rely on more than only the Intel site.

MissionTrek08 12-02-2008 09:03 PM

Wait, you're saying members here judged something on first reaction without knowing the facts? That's just crazy talk, Horatio! :lol:

MonsieurHood 12-02-2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissionTrek08 (Post 126226)
Wait, you're saying members here judged something on first reaction without knowing the facts? That's just crazy talk, Horatio! :lol:

First impressions are, after all very important and meaningful as well.

MissionTrek08 12-02-2008 09:32 PM

No argument on the importance of first impressions... but also worth noting that rarely is a first impression a final conclusion.

Many people were stunned on their first look at Abrams' Enterprise: some remained stunned, while the design grew on others after their initial surprise.

I expect reactions and impressions to change quite a bit over the next six months... all still before seeing the film. After then we'll be discussing the film itself, not our early impressions about it.

Still, all part of the journey toward that day... and the discovery is half the fun.