The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Just Curious...Has Anyone Heard from the "Old" Keepers of the Flame (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4480)

kjh1701 11-29-2008 01:30 PM

Just Curious...Has Anyone Heard from the "Old" Keepers of the Flame

Just wondering if anyone out there has heard the opinions of other members of the Trek Universe - TOS or former versions of Star Trek - about the new movie? Specifically...

1. Anybody hear an opinion from the Okuda's about the changes being made to canon?

2. Any quotes from Majel Barrett Roddenberry or Eugene Roddenberry about the new version?

3. Anything from Rick Berman, Michael Piller, Brannon Braga, or Ira Stevens Behr?

4. How about the old timers, like D.C. Fontana or Bjo Trimble?

5. Other than Nimoy and Shatner, any other original cast members voicing opinions?

Everyone seems to have an opinion. I was wondering if anyone knows what the former people involved in Trek productions are thinking...

WildGunsTomcat 11-29-2008 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjh1701 (Post 124187)
Just wondering if anyone out there has heard the opinions of other members of the Trek Universe - TOS or former versions of Star Trek - about the new movie? Specifically...

1. Anybody hear an opinion from the Okuda's about the changes being made to canon?

2. Any quotes from Majel Barrett Roddenberry or Eugene Roddenberry about the new version?

3. Anything from Rick Berman, Michael Piller, Brannon Braga, or Ira Stevens Behr?

4. How about the old timers, like D.C. Fontana or Bjo Trimble?

5. Other than Nimoy and Shatner, any other original cast members voicing opinions?

Everyone seems to have an opinion. I was wondering if anyone knows what the former people involved in Trek productions are thinking...

We've been over this a million posts ago brother. :001_smile:

Not your fault, but it's been done.

kjh1701 11-29-2008 01:42 PM

Oh...my bad. Sorry, but I'm kinda new around here.

Guess I'll go back and poke around the zillions of previous threads.

Thanks anyway

Saquist 11-29-2008 01:46 PM

I'm not sure where it was...but I haven't heard much...they maybe waiting just like we are.

tomcatjosh 11-29-2008 01:46 PM

Oh, Great Topic To Explore. I Wonder

lordisaiah 11-29-2008 01:59 PM

Rick Sternback has posted some of his opinions...haven't heard anything from the Okudas, and of course, Shatner posted his opinions about the new ship on his video blog.

WildGunsTomcat 11-29-2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordisaiah (Post 124232)
Rick Sternback has posted some of his opinions...haven't heard anything from the Okudas, and of course, Shatner posted his opinions about the new ship on his video blog.

You know after watching Shat in that vid...

I kinda got the impression he was a little bit jealous of the fact that Trek is moving on without him.

Maybe it's just me.

lordisaiah 11-29-2008 02:04 PM

Nah, he just saw your Avatar and realized he missed his chance as a Rock Star...
;)

Digginonrand 11-29-2008 02:18 PM

Have to admit, Shat looks pretty good as a member of Kiss. Nice avatar--I was a little slow in realizing it was him when I first saw it.

Saquist 11-29-2008 02:20 PM

No way...I didn't even see it....
amazing.