The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Console!!! (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4458)

captainhamster 11-28-2008 03:22 AM

New Console!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Has anyone noticed this...

it seems to me like a new console inside the inner ring of the bridge and looks kinda like were spock was sitting in the earlier brdge shot..

theories anyone???

dholleyuk 11-28-2008 04:32 AM

Hmm Well there were never any inside inner ring consoles before, and yes it is roughly in the position where Mr Spock would sit or there abouts. It could be the science area or mini department? It could be additional bridge stations added for effect similar to Generations, where we never really found out why they were put there or purpose, just that it added more of a cinema presents

Enterprise Captain 11-28-2008 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dholleyuk (Post 123308)
It could be additional bridge stations added for effect similar to Generations, where we never really found out why they were put there or purpose, just that it added more of a cinema presents

I think it's more for this reason as well then anything else. I'm pretty sure they would design the bridge first for look and then make the decision as to what each consoles function will be.

miles3347 11-28-2008 05:55 AM

Quote:

Hmm Well there were never any inside inner ring consoles before, and yes it is roughly in the position where Mr Spock would sit or there abouts. It could be the science area or mini department? It could be additional bridge stations added for effect similar to Generations, where we never really found out why they were put there or purpose, just that it added more of a cinema presents

In TOS Spock science station was on the outer ring and against the bridges bulkhead the console shown in the trailer was on the inside of the railing separate from the bulkhead.
Most secondary consoles are science or damage control

Digginonrand 11-28-2008 07:11 AM

I noticed that, too. Someone else pointed out the guy in the back using the urinal as well. This new bridge is just full of surprises.

Lt. Fordman 11-28-2008 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digginonrand (Post 123373)
I noticed that, too. Someone else pointed out the guy in the back using the urinal as well. This new bridge is just full of surprises.

I had not noticed that before, but your right. It does indeed look like he is using the urinal. Let's just hope he washes his hands after he is done.

Digginonrand 11-29-2008 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lt. Fordman (Post 123677)
I had not noticed that before, but your right. It does indeed look like he is using the urinal. Let's just hope he washes his hands after he is done.

Agreed. A sign would be good like in the washrooms of dining establishments. :001_tongue:

Saquist 11-29-2008 12:29 AM

Quote:

Remember,
The TNG set was modular so they could remove set pieces for the movement of cameras. Perhaps that is what this is.

and the tape is still on the console.