The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Star Trek Baloon In Macys Parade???? (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4437)

tomcatjosh 11-27-2008 06:46 AM

Star Trek Baloon In Macys Parade????
 
Remember When JJ Said They Had A Life Size Big E?

Maybe Its One Of The Balloons In The Macys Parade. I've Tuned In Just In Case.

USS_Essex 11-27-2008 07:34 AM

Not according to the schedule. Besides, Wouldn't a life size E be just a tad big for the parade route?

Would have been nice though.

tomcatjosh 11-27-2008 09:07 AM

true

miles3347 11-27-2008 09:21 AM

balloon
 
Did they have the Enterprise balloon in the Parade? I Missed then Parade.

Captain Pike 11-27-2008 10:27 AM

The premiere will be filmed on the deck of the life size carrier USS Enterprise. The one that was in Star Trek IV. That is what he means. The movie Pearl Harbor was also premiered on the deck of that ship at Pearl.

tomcatjosh 11-27-2008 02:29 PM

oh. so tthe premier is at the USS Enterprise?

only1jamest 11-27-2008 04:52 PM

Check your facts...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Pike (Post 123054)
The premiere will be filmed on the deck of the life size carrier USS Enterprise. The one that was in Star Trek IV. That is what he means. The movie Pearl Harbor was also premiered on the deck of that ship at Pearl.

The USS Enterprise CVN-64 is in the shipyard in Newport News Virginia being overhauled. The ship in ST IV was the USS Ranger CV-61. The USS Enterprise CVN-64 has been stationed at NOB Norfolk Virginia since the early 1990s and has not been to Pearl since the 80s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starship_Enterprise

:svengo:

All your people must learn before you can reach for the stars. -- Kirk, "The Gamesters of Triskelion"

MonsieurHood 11-27-2008 10:01 PM

A life sized TOS NCC-1701 would be nine hundred and forty seven feet long. That's longer than most skyscrapers are tall. It would be neat to see someone build a model that big, but even if it were only a hollow shell, the materials alone would still cost somewhere in the tens of millions. Paying the people who built it would probably cost a similar amount. It's just unfeasable unless your building a real starship capable of space flight. Humanity isn't quite finished bickering at each other and arguing over petty crap enough to do that yet. At the rate we're going, we probably won't be ready by the 23rd century either.

admiralroot 11-28-2008 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by only1jamest (Post 123179)
The USS Enterprise CVN-64 is in the shipyard in Newport News Virginia being overhauled. The ship in ST IV was the USS Ranger CV-61. The USS Enterprise CVN-64 has been stationed at NOB Norfolk Virginia since the early 1990s and has not been to Pearl since the 80s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starship_Enterprise

:svengo:

All your people must learn before you can reach for the stars. -- Kirk, "The Gamesters of Triskelion"

its CVN-65 , sorry, I like to pick out the wrong little details.

only1jamest 11-28-2008 09:13 AM

Great balls of fire...
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by admiralroot (Post 123310)
its CVN-65 , sorry, I like to pick out the wrong little details.

I meant 65, need to learn to proof read more... D***, many of my family and friends built the thing and I have had a picture of it on my wall my entire life.

:lol:

Not one hundred percent efficient, of course ... but nothing ever is. -- Kirk, "Metamorphosis",


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.