The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   To Everyone Who Says That Jj Hates Star Trek (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4341)

Mayce1701 11-22-2008 03:59 PM

To Everyone Who Says That Jj Hates Star Trek
 
I've been reading around a lot of sites about how JJ likes Star Wars over Star Trek, or how JJ hates Trek. I got news for ya: Nicholas Meyer, the director of Star Trek 2 and Star Trek 6. When he was approached to direct Star Trek 2, his immediate reaction was: 'I've never watched Star Trek, I don't even know what it is. It's a guy with pointy ears, yeah?'

Nicholas Meyer knew nothing about Star Trek when he directed Star Trek 2, and what did we get? Undoubedly the best Star Trek film, and one of the greatest Science Fiction films of all time. You don't have to be a Trek fan to make a good Trek movie ok.. In actuality, it seems that non-trek fans should be the prefered directors for Trek movies, as seen by Star Trek 2 and 6. The only really good Trek movies directed by someone involved with Trek was 4 and First Contact. 3,5, and Generations were good, but they weren't revolutiary the way 2 and First Contact was.

JJ will revolutionize Trek, it is guaranteed.

Livingston 11-22-2008 04:01 PM

Total agreement. Trek needs new blood and Meyer is a great example.

jerhanner 11-22-2008 04:02 PM

Hear hear! Besides, what person in their right mind would take on a project they hated? That doesn't make sense to me.

Jayne Cobb 11-22-2008 04:03 PM

Gotta agree, 2 will always be my all-time favorite!

MigueldaRican 11-22-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livingston (Post 120761)
Total agreement. Trek needs new blood and Meyer is a great example.

Meyer! That's who it was. In another thread I was trying to remember what other director resembled the "new blood" approach.

Thank you.

Carry on.

The Saint 11-22-2008 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayce1701
Nicholas Meyer knew nothing about Star Trek when he directed Star Trek 2, and what did we get? Undoubedly the best Star Trek film, and one of the greatest Science Fiction films of all time. You don't have to be a Trek fan to make a good Trek movie ok.. In actuality, it seems that non-trek fans should be the prefered directors for Trek movies, as seen by Star Trek 2 and 6.

Or maybe it just means that Nicholas Meyer should be the preferred director for Star Trek films. :P

Quote:

JJ will revolutionize Trek, it is guaranteed.
Revolution is not always a good thing. What Trek needs is not a revolution but a course correction back to its roots.

ShinjiIkari 11-22-2008 04:42 PM

I loved Myer's Trek and no doubt that J J's will be a great addition into the Star Trek univese,maybe more a Star wars guy he'll make a great film none the less.

NCC-73515 11-22-2008 04:54 PM

The other example is Baird... :S

ShinjiIkari 11-22-2008 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCC-73515 (Post 120790)
The other example is Baird... :S


I liked Baid's and cause he brought Goldsmith back in.

ShinjiIkari 11-22-2008 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCC-73515 (Post 120790)
The other example is Baird... :S


I liked Baid's and cause he brought Goldsmith back in.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.