The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What could have been... (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4330)

captainhamster 11-22-2008 07:59 AM

What could have been...

2 Attachment(s)
Hey Guys

Before i star i just want to say that i have nothing against jjs flm and will one of the first inline to see it when it warps into the uk but i think we have been grosely misled

"it will be canon" BULL****

WHat could have been....

Grelev 11-22-2008 08:38 AM

Canon's whatever appears on film, and it's changed quite often. I don't think JJ's even changed very much...he just wants us to think he has. If we throw a $hitfit we're just advertising the movie for him. Controversy is free coverage ;)

Sexy uniform btw...

thypentacle 11-22-2008 09:04 AM

Ooo, nice... thanks for sharing those. It's fun to see what could be, but as we know... won't be. Still interesting.

and when they say 'canon'... in regards to this movie... I think they are very close... from what I've read and pieced together of the script, and how the series 'Enterprise' changed the timeline in the Trek universe, First Contact changes, etc etc... I think it will all make some sort of sense... really, just wait and see. ;)

vuedoc 11-22-2008 11:49 AM

As much as I couldn't stand the foreskin on the nacelles, I think I would have prefferred that ship to what we wound up with.

the uniform... WHOA! I know there are probably some people that would hate it, some would think it too military (especialy with the epilettes), but I think the patches on the arms give it more of a NASA look and might actually de-militarize it a little. Then again, it does have a little more "Mirror Universe" feel to it. The fact that there is an outer jacket would help it meld better with the movie versions (II and forward) also. Personally, if I were in Starfleet in TOS time, I think I'd rather wear THAT instead.

kevin 11-22-2008 11:51 AM

I'll stick with Abrams.

jerhanner 11-22-2008 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vuedoc (Post 120645)
As much as I couldn't stand the foreskin on the nacelles, I think I would have prefferred that ship to what we wound up with.

Meshugana you make me with the uncut nacelle talk! :lol:

Belts are tricky things with uniforms - everybody had best stay nice and trim - can you imagine Riker and Scotty with them?

captainhamster 11-27-2008 06:54 AM

Reborn

Cheers for the comments, dont stop posting.

If you want a totally original trek experience check out...
www.startrekreborn.net

It is a truly fantasticly original project and thoroughly recommend it. Its a bit weird to start but give it time and it will grow on you.

Kukalaka 11-27-2008 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainhamster (Post 120580)
Hey Guys

Before i star i just want to say that i have nothing against jjs flm and will one of the first inline to see it when it warps into the uk but i think we have been grosely misled

"it will be canon" BULL****

WHat could have been....

So you give us bell-bottom pants and an Enterprise with two soviet submarines with tail fins for warp engines?

Try harder, sir, I implore you!

captainhamster 11-28-2008 03:27 AM

Sorry but nteither of these designs were my own

the "Best E" was a ex astris scientia design and the command uniform is from star trek reborn