The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Unconditional Love for this film ... anyone? (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4310)

Sybock 11-20-2008 11:28 PM

Unconditional Love for this film ... anyone?

Who out there can't wait to see this film and knows they will Love it no matter what they see?

Reboot, Not Canon, Rip-off .... Whatever.

I've seen the trailers and cast photos and I am personally thrilled. The actors may not look exactly like TOS and the ship and effects are more realistic. I feel they are trying to catch the spirit of TOS and even if the story is out of synch with Trek history I'm loving what I have seen so far.

Captian Pike is in it ..... Too Cool!
Kirk is getting it on ..... Sweet
Uhura takes her top off ..... Tasty
Spock gets angry ...... Badass

I love everything trek and have not missed seeing a single feature on the big screen. I'm hoping for IMAX!

Even if it is the worst Star Trek project ever made ..... That's not bad either.

Who out there agrees with me?

Lastly, I've seen a lot of post with the word Frack in it. Frack is BSG so Truck Off ! Keep this site free other SF series/films.

Livingston 11-20-2008 11:35 PM

As long as the story is solid, I'm going to be thrilled. From the looks of the trailer and images released, all the adjectives are there, this is going to be something to see, but the story is my only concern. If that delivers, then I'll probably love this film.

You seem very 'up' Sybock, I like that. Of course Sybock was very up in Trek V so the name fits.

Lastly, it looks frack'in awesome - sorry!

horatio 11-21-2008 02:44 AM

Only parental love is supposed to be unconditioned.
Telling whether it is a good or bad movie is not possible before having seen it.

dholleyuk 11-21-2008 03:43 AM

Right now I have the Unconditional Love for the film because of my love for the TREK, but then if it is like a naughty child and fails to impress, will I still love it.. well I would still go and see it another two / three times, by it on DVD, get the soundtrack... So yeah I would!

tomcatjosh 11-21-2008 03:46 AM

Can't Wait!!

Chekov 11-21-2008 03:51 AM

I WILL see it no matter what. I have YET to see a truly BAD Trek series/movie. Time will tell :)

Big D 11-21-2008 03:57 AM

I'm hopeful that it'll be a rewarding, enjoyable and successful film.
I won't anticipate it with absolutely boundless, blissful abandon though - I'll approach it cautiously and conservatively, without giving in to the urge to get wildly excited over it.

Think about it this way... there's a chance, however remote we might think it, that the film simply won't be that great. There's also a chance that it'll be merely good, without being exceptional. Then finally there's the possibility that it'll be phenomenal in a way that's almost mind-blowing...
But if you spend months expecting the latter, then anything less will disappoint you deeply. But if you simply hope for an enjoyable film, then you won't run the risk of letting down by your own unrealistic, nostalgia-tinted hopes and fanboyish imaginings. Too much optimism can, sometimes, be another way of setting yourself up for disappointment, especially when you allow something to 'inflate' within your mind, into something far larger than life.

Star Trek 11-21-2008 04:18 AM

Several of us have already posted many times our unconditional love...

As a matter of fact, and to repeat myself yet again- I prefer a new vision.

Real simple - when I want to 'go back home' - I just pop in a TOS DVD.

Lady Vaako 11-21-2008 05:43 AM

I am embracing this new movie, totally and unconditionally. I'm not saying I have high expectations about it but so long as it captures the spirit of Star Trek, I will be happy. Getting reacquainted with such beloved characters in a completely different way sounds fantastic to me. Plus there's the fact that the space action sequences seem to be totally kickass. What more can a girl ask for? :D Seriously, I'm really psyched and I can't wait!

T'Aerwynd 11-21-2008 05:47 AM

I'm going to see the movie and am very excited about it, but I think "unconditional love" is going too far. There are a lot of things that could be done to make me hate the movie, but I won't decide whether I love it or hate it until after I've seen it.