The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Eric Bana Future Guy from Enterprise? (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=425)

Starfleet Officer 02-04-2008 05:59 PM

Eric Bana Future Guy from Enterprise?
 
I was Just thinking if parts of the movie is set
Old potential spoiler
maybe Eric Bana could be Future Guy from Enterprise. Killing Kirk would be a crucial factor in destroying the Federation which he holds responsible for violating the Temporal Accord. This will probably not happen but it would be a good way to tie up loose plot ends and to connect with 'Trek Canon' :)

Pxer 02-04-2008 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starfleet Officer (Post 8147)
I was Just thinking if parts of the movie is set
Old potential spoiler
maybe Eric Bana could be Future Guy from Enterprise. Killing Kirk would be a crucial factor in destroying the Federation which he holds responsible for violating the Temporal Accord. This will probably not happen but it would be a good way to tie up loose plot ends and to connect with 'Trek Canon' :)

Definitely would be cool, but the chances are 0 in a million. I always wanted to see who future guy was...always assumed a Romulan.

Captain Pike 02-04-2008 06:20 PM

Eric Bana WILL be future guy. His role ( a few cameo scenes) will only be considered a limited minor role that will be crucial to the way the movie takes place. Remember the Temporal Transporter is only used for brief periods of time since it uses a lot of energy. Bana confirmed his short brief role in a Australian interview today.

InabaKoshi 02-04-2008 06:22 PM

The movie will have nothing to do with any ENT stories or plots. Geta grip. Besides, B and B admitted they hadn't worked out the TCW, and they had no idea Porthos was future guy.

HRH The KING 02-04-2008 06:28 PM

Good lord I hope not.

No ENT elements should be included.

Captain Pike 02-04-2008 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRH The KING (Post 8165)
Good lord I hope not.

No ENT elements should be included.

Well Orci said Enterprise and TNG would be used as bookends to the movie and we would see references to both in the film. He stated that in a October article. Bana's role in a limited manner could be explained as Future Guy and all he would have to do is give a mission statement using the temporal transporter to talk to his bad guys in different times. Makes sense.

Doctor Bigglesworth 02-04-2008 07:03 PM

If any parts of that idiotic Temporal Cold War show up in this film, I'll be very disappointed. The less ENT (particularly bad ENT) in this film, the better.

Pxer 02-04-2008 07:06 PM

I only wish ENT elements were a big part of this film, but since JJ has claimed he became "detached" from Trek until recently, I cannot see him writing in major elements from the series.

InabaKoshi 02-04-2008 07:14 PM

The only thing that could spoil this movie for me would be to attach the failure ENT to any part of it.

Captain Pike 02-04-2008 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InabaKoshi (Post 8186)
The only thing that could spoil this movie for me would be to attach the failure ENT to any part of it.

Well the last 2 seasons were good. The temporal cold war was set in motion by Future Guy and Archer set it straight. Remember that more than one person had to build the Temporal Transporters. Nero could be one of these fellows.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.