The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Crowd reaction (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4117)

ViveLaFrance 11-15-2008 09:13 AM

Crowd reaction

Hey, to all the guys who saw the trailer at the theater, can you describe the crowd reaction to the trailer ?

Where they laughing ? Cheering ? Silent ?

HRH The KING 11-15-2008 09:19 AM

They were silent.

I know some American movie-goers cheer and whoop at the cinema, but in England, I've never heard anyone cheer for anything.

They always remain in absolute silence during the trailers.

DigitalLonestarX 11-15-2008 09:24 AM

I loved the trailer

hey jj thx for proving chevy's slogan literally lol

"Chevrolet like a rock"

as in falling like one xD

Ensign Kal 11-15-2008 09:27 AM

wasn't enough people in the theater where i was for a reaction

Grelev 11-15-2008 09:28 AM

People stink where I live....when the words "my name is James Tiberius Kirk" were uttered a collective groan rose from the theater. It made my heart sink. But...the trailer was freaking sweet and nobody really had anything to say once it was over...dunno if that's a positive or a negative. I'm stoked for the movie though =P

Glacial 11-15-2008 09:45 AM

Being Canadian, and thus not a hooting, roadsign-shooting Yank, I enjoy near-total silence during my theater experiences. :lol:

And c'mon, it IS just a trailer. An awesome trailer, but nobody even cheered during the trailer for Episode I (back before we'd find out how awful it was), and that one had 15 years of anticipation behind it!

MrQ1701 11-15-2008 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRH The KING (Post 116444)
They were silent.

I know some American movie-goers cheer and whoop at the cinema, but in England, I've never heard anyone cheer for anything.

They always remain in absolute silence during the trailers.

What duds!! (no offense!) Talk about Vulcans on modern day Earth!! :001_cool:

jla1987 11-15-2008 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grelev (Post 116448)
People stink where I live....when the words "my name is James Tiberius Kirk" were uttered a collective groan rose from the theater. It made my heart sink.

Yet another reason why I'm waiting for Monday.

Leathart 11-15-2008 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glacial (Post 116452)
Being Canadian, and thus not a hooting, roadsign-shooting Yank, I enjoy near-total silence during my theater experiences. :lol:

And c'mon, it IS just a trailer. An awesome trailer, but nobody even cheered during the trailer for Episode I (back before we'd find out how awful it was), and that one had 15 years of anticipation behind it!

Hooting, road sign shooting yank? Dear god......

MrQ1701 11-15-2008 10:38 AM

Do these "non-yanks" even laugh when the watch a comedy? Talk about boring!!