The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Problem w/the Romulans...... (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378)

Huskerz1701 02-03-2008 10:04 PM

Problem w/the Romulans......

First off.......if the rumors I've read are true.....
**Possible Spoiler?**
.....how would that reconcile with the events of the established timeline??

At the end of Nemesis, Riker was mentioned as leading the Titan back to Romulus for some sort of peace mission. Now if the movie were to start out in the present day, would Nero & his cohorts be portrayed as separatists as well, like the Remans were, would they be part of the Romulan Navy proper, or would they just be two more general-type villians (w/no mention at all made of any other Romulans or their government) ??

Follow this link at your own risk!

RuFFeD_UP 02-03-2008 11:36 PM

SH*T you raise a very important point...lets hope JJ and co have done their homework!

sir num nums 02-04-2008 01:56 AM

That person took forever to go to the point!

It took like 3 paragraphs to get to his hap hazard version of a spoiler, and even then the moron would stop to reflect on his thoughts.

spoiler

NCC-73515 02-04-2008 05:10 AM

Tal Shiar!

Spock2015 02-04-2008 11:26 AM

I find it hard to believe that this time travel rumor is an actual plot element... Security is so tight on this, i don't think any legit leaked information is avaialble.

Captain_of_the_Enterprise 02-04-2008 11:45 AM

Yes, the creator of "The Guardian of Forever" Harlan something... already shot down that they are using it for the movie... There's an article about it on Trekmovie.com's archives

As to the Romulan Nero, there can be plenty of reasons why this Romulan is trying to kill Kirk (if that is actually the plot)

Again, we only know so much, there's 11 months to go...Speculation is good, but let's not make judgement when we have only been given a trailer of the enterprise.

Pxer 02-04-2008 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCC-73515 (Post 7594)
Tal Shiar!

+1

ThePhaige 02-04-2008 12:34 PM

I remember back when Insurrection was like 2 months from release and a script was presented as the actual script. It circulated the internet and when Berman was asked if this was the actual script he denied it.

I was relieved since it sounded like TNG version of the Oseries movie The Final Frontier.
With actions that seemed way out of character to me. With forced stupid jokes and humor that made the crew look like idiots. Like a joystick to fly the Enterprise....

As it turned out the leaked script was in fact the actual one and was I bummed when I saw the movie. I thought Insurrection was worse than Nemesis actually.

It amazes me that JJ and CO. are able to in todays information blitz , keep as much as they have secret.

Pxer 02-04-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePhaige (Post 7853)
thought Insurrection was worse than Nemesis actually.

It amazes me that JJ and CO. are able to in todays information blitz , keep as much as they have secret.

Agreed. But with the movie nearly 11 months away, I don't think much of it will be kept secret even through the summer. We can always hope that major surprises are left for the screen, though, and I hope that I don't read any spoilers inadvertantly before seeing the film.

Starfleet Officer 02-04-2008 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huskerz1701 (Post 7487)
First off.......if the rumors I've read are true.....
**Possible Spoiler?**
.....how would that reconcile with the events of the established timeline??

At the end of Nemesis, Riker was mentioned as leading the Titan back to Romulus for some sort of peace mission. Now if the movie were to start out in the present day, would Nero & his cohorts be portrayed as separatists as well, like the Remans were, would they be part of the Romulan Navy proper, or would they just be two more general-type villians (w/no mention at all made of any other Romulans or their government) ??

Follow this link at your own risk!

Maybe the Empty Crown from Star Trek Elite Force II ;)

If it is to do with the spoiler then maybe something to do with Future Guy/Temporal Cold War.