The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Star Trek Discussions (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Enterprise J Series (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=354)

Commander Jack 02-03-2008 06:08 AM

Enterprise J Series

I would like to see a new Startrek series based on the adventures of the Enterprise J. Mybe in the 26th century, i think it would be good to jump ahead to that time to see if the Federation and Starfleet are still around or if an new Organastion have taken over from where the Federation had left off, one story line could be that some Omega particles, have made warp travel impossible so a new means off travaling thought space has to be found.

What does everyone think - good idea or bad, let me know.

Tom Bishop 02-03-2008 06:22 AM

Hmm I dont liked the Ship Designs of this timeline either. Well new Horizons should be opened. But eh, I would like a Series from the USS Titan.

I didnt read the books, but it would be interesting to see what Riker is doing

Dr. Niemann 02-03-2008 07:50 AM

I never saw the ep with the Enterprise J. What class was it? Big ship or tiny?

ctiii 02-03-2008 08:24 AM

I'm kind of mixed with regards to a new series based on that episode/the Ent J. Considering that time travel is extremely prevalent then, with the way ENT turned out with the TCW, I think that would be its undoing. Maybe an Ent F might not be so bad...that way they could have a cameo or two from aged TNG cast as admirals/ambassadors, etc. Of course I also like the idea of a series based on the Titan. I cant believe they didnt try that instead of ENT...but i guess they wanted to distance themsleves from NEM.

Litchfield 02-03-2008 09:34 AM

A new series would be a great thing to happen, but i doubt CBS Paramount will do that tbh. Too many new shows on. If Rick Berman hadnt come up with enterprise then mabye thered be a chance, but now, no way in hell.

Starfleet Officer 02-03-2008 09:57 AM

I would like to see it in the 25th Century about 100 years after Nemesis, maybe on the Enterprise-G or a whole new ship, however they need to make it look less ugly than the J. Plus that time line may have changed along with the J's design.

Raiden 02-03-2008 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Niemann (Post 6873)
I never saw the ep with the Enterprise J. What class was it? Big ship or tiny?

It was MaHussive

Google it and u will see !

HRH The KING 02-03-2008 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commander Jack (Post 6793)
I would like to see a new Startrek series based on the adventures of the Enterprise J. Mybe in the 26th century, i think it would be good to jump ahead to that time to see if the Federation and Starfleet are still around or if an new Organastion have taken over from where the Federation had left off, one story line could be that some Omega particles, have made warp travel impossible so a new means off travaling thought space has to be found.

What does everyone think - good idea or bad, let me know.

I don't like it.

Personally I would recommend that no "future scenario" seen in previous Trek should come to be. That means the future of the Enterprise J will not happen, the future of the USS Relativity will not happen etc....

The "future" will remain a blank slate, otherwise it restricts writers to fitting future Trek incarnations into fairly mediocre ideas for the 24th century and beyond.

Commander Jack 02-03-2008 12:35 PM

it was a big ship, looks a lot bigger than the Enterprise E but then thats open to disucison

Dr. Niemann 02-04-2008 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiden (Post 6993)
It was MaHussive

Google it and u will see !

Thankies! I shall.