The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Next Generation (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Which Episode did you first watch in TNG? (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3499)

dholleyuk 10-07-2008 03:27 AM

Which Episode did you first watch in TNG?

Simple question, but some people may have seen it in order and some people didnt so which episode did you first watch from TNG and why has it stuck in your head?

williamLX 10-07-2008 05:14 AM

Encounter at Farpoint, which I thought sucked. I continued to think TNG sucked untill Gene Rodenberry had moved on and they started doing decent stories in Season 3 and especially Season 4.

kevin 10-07-2008 05:20 AM

The first one I saw was 'The Naked Now', which, though a bit silly, is still a favourite (and yes, I know it's a rip-off of the same TOS episode, but it was done knowingly and deliberately by the producers at the time)!

And they did several decent stories in season 1 and 2, however, personal views may vary.

Jed Starkiller 10-07-2008 05:48 AM

I started in the beginning and watch encounter at Farpoint. I guess at the time I liked it but was just excited to have Trek on TV.

Admiral Archer 10-07-2008 09:19 PM

"The Best of Both Worlds, Part I" was not only my first TNG episode, but my first episode of Star Trek as a whole. I was either 3 or 4 years old when I first saw it (it must've been a rerun if I were that age at the time of the showing) and I've been a trekkie ever since!

vuedoc 10-07-2008 10:09 PM

Back in college in September 1987, 15 of my friends and I gathered around a TV set in the largest suite we could find at 8PM, conveniently just after Yom Kippur had ended, to break our fast and eagerly watch the first episode, Encounter at Farpoint.

We hated it.

But it was Trek, so we watched it for the next 7 years and it got better.

brenden freeze 10-08-2008 08:16 AM

I first watched the All good things episode. The last one of season seven . Its kinda like reading the back of the book and then go from there.lol:001_tongue:

Jed Starkiller 10-08-2008 08:43 AM

Thats backwards dude.
Did you then watch them in reverse order? *JK*

NCC-73515 10-08-2008 10:54 AM

Conspiracy. This episode changed my life by making me a Trekkie.
I should add that here in Germany, they showed a cut version (the exploding head and the mother alien in Remmick's torso was cut out) and I was 6 or 7 - so I owe being a fan to german censorship :D

kevin 10-08-2008 12:04 PM

They cut some of that from the first UK transmission as well, but I had already read about the scene in a Trek magazine before the episode aired, so as a 12 year old I was very disappointed not to see the exploding head and creature rising out of the body!!