The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Get rid of Winona Ryder!! (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2249)

DeepSpaceNiner 06-11-2008 11:00 PM

Get rid of Winona Ryder!!

Seriously do they WANT this to flop or something?

Berengarius7 06-11-2008 11:13 PM

Actually, even though she seems to have a problem paying for merchandise when she's shopping, she makes a rather fetching Amanda (Spock's Mom). As you will see if you check out the fan art and manip thread on this board. I think she'll do fine if the police will let her out of jail long enough to dub her dialogue.

Starshelle 06-12-2008 01:03 AM

I think she's capable enough to play the role, but regardless, it's pointless to say they should get rid of her at this point since they are done filming.

Livingston 06-12-2008 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berengarius7 (Post 63695)
Actually, even though she seems to have a problem paying for merchandise when she's shopping, she makes a rather fetching Amanda (Spock's Mom). As you will see if you check out the fan art and manip thread on this board. I think she'll do fine if the police will let her out of jail long enough to dub her dialogue.

Totally agree there! Anyone remember Dracula?

Johnny_CJBB 06-12-2008 01:10 AM

I think she'll do well. Give her a chance.

Zardoz 06-12-2008 02:36 AM

She's made good movies, she's made bad ones, I'd say generally the good have outweighed the bad.

DeepSpaceNiner 06-12-2008 02:40 AM

It's not really a matter of her ability to give a good performance it's just the fact that she's become box office poison since the whole shop lifting fiasco.

..or was it the Alien: Resurrection fiasco :confused:

Zardoz 06-12-2008 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepSpaceNiner (Post 63723)
It's not really a matter of her ability to give a good performance it's just the fact that she's become box office poison since the whole shop lifting fiasco.

..or was it the Alien: Resurrection fiasco :confused:

Well her personal habits shouldn't even enter into her acting talents. Many talented people have personal quirks that are outside the norm.

Alien should have stopped after Aliens. But we can't fault her for trying to make money, acting is a job, actors have to eat, and pay bills too.

dholleyuk 06-12-2008 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zardoz (Post 63727)
Well her personal habits shouldn't even enter into her acting talents. Many talented people have personal quirks that are outside the norm.

Alien should have stopped after Aliens. But we can't fault her for trying to make money, acting is a job, actors have to eat, and pay bills too.

Firstly Yes, yes and yes, what she does in her own time is her own business and we should not judge or condem her before we have seen her performance.

Secondly, yes actors have to pay the bills, there are times I dont agree with my work etc but I have to do it,

And finally "Alien 4 Money Resurrection" should never have seen the light of a script, let alone a cinema release

I cant wait to see her performance, and then, and only then, can I judge!

Zardoz 06-12-2008 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dholleyuk (Post 63765)
Firstly Yes, yes and yes, what she does in her own time is her own business and we should not judge or condem her before we have seen her performance.

Secondly, yes actors have to pay the bills, there are times I dont agree with my work etc but I have to do it,

And finally "Alien 4 Money Resurrection" should never have seen the light of a script, let alone a cinema release

I cant wait to see her performance, and then, and only then, can I judge!

A very good attitude. Makes no sense to judge a preformance we haven't seen.:thumbup: