The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Farscape (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198)

tomalak301 01-31-2008 09:49 PM

Farscape

Any other Farscape fans. It's one of my favorite shows and probably the best Scifi show I've ever seen, and I think I'm going to work this year getting the series off of Itunes which just started this week. I actually consider Farscape the best written, produced, and acted show I've ever seen in my life. It was what everyone would look for in a decent scifi show: Shades of Gray/dark (But still had a lot of fun, unlike BSG), great characters to root for and feel the pain as they feel the pain, outstanding plots, standalone stories to accompany the overall arc (I really hate the term "filler" episode because if the episode doesn't stand well on it's own merits, than it's a bad episode) and just good storytelling.

On of my favorite episodes was the Aeryn/Pilot show "The Way We Weren't," which was the first episode I watched in Farscape and couldn't believe how awesome it was. I had learned a little about the characters through my brother, but this episode developed everyone in such a way that it really hit hard. You had Aeryn having to face the consequences of her past, her friends, except for Chrichton, kind of abandoning her, and in the end it brings everyone together, especially Pilot and Aeryn. Once I got around to watching the stuff that came before, I realized how special The Way We Weren't was and how Special this series could be. It's one of the reasons I actually prefer season 2 to season 3, even though both are excellent.

tomalak301 02-01-2008 10:37 AM

So noone likes Farscape. That's a shame. :(

Chewy 02-01-2008 05:29 PM

I quite liked Farscape, although its not really shown much on UK TV anymore, used to be on BBC2 at 1am but now TNG is in its place

tomalak301 02-01-2008 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewy (Post 5309)
I quite liked Farscape, although its not really shown much on UK TV anymore, used to be on BBC2 at 1am but now TNG is in its place

Yeah I wish it was shown in the US more. I got back into it last year and really want to see Season 2 this year. I know Itunes started getting it and you can purchase the first season which is nice. I think I'm going to do that this year.

Trekscaper 02-02-2008 04:51 AM

I love Farscape (see my username:D) and I was sad when it was cancelled. Fortunate we got the miniseries The Peacekeeper Wars which was excellent. I thought season 3 and 4 were the best. I can't help seeing Crichton and Aeryn in the Stargate SG1 personages Mitchell and Vala.

A surprise was that the scifi channel announced last year that they will bring back Farscape with a new webseries. But because of the writers strike it is delayed.

Also, you can see Farscape musicvideos I made the last few years on my website. See my signature for the link.

tomalak301 02-02-2008 06:02 PM

Well, my Farscape collection is starting tonight. I got some Itunes Gift Cards for Christmas (Late Christmas, long story) and valentines day and I'm downloading Season 1. 39.99, despite only watching on my computer, is a lot better than what they're going for and I love this series too much not to do it.

Skippy2k 02-02-2008 10:10 PM

I love Farscape, watched it when it started and have it all on DVD. I watched thru it again not long ago. I had hoped to see another mini-series/movie, I was really surprised when they announced the "web-series"! Allthough I wouldn't think they would be long enough for a big story I am hoping it leads into something more.:)

When there was speculation/ideas for the part of Pike in the new movie I actually thought if it is pre-cage then Ben Browder might work, here is a comparison I did....

tomalak301 02-02-2008 11:02 PM

That's a nice image. Browder isn't doing anything now is he since SG1 ended?

Chewy 02-03-2008 11:30 AM

Omg it would be awesome to see him in XI