The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Tin Man (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195)

Quark 01-31-2008 09:22 PM

Tin Man

Did anyone check out this Sci-Fi Channel original mini-series?

brokenbacktango 01-31-2008 09:40 PM

I stopped watching before the first part was over... I usually have a soft spot for cheesy Sci Fi Channel stuff but there was just too much wrong with Tin Man, and it had no real quirky redeeming qualities to make it watchable. Everything from the dialogue, to the acting, to the CGI, to what should have been inventive re-imaginings of beloved characters fell far short of what I was anticipating. "Disappointing" is a kind description.

That said, I know people who liked it. Whatever floats your boat. Then again, I might be biased because I was never a big fan of the original story either. I can only hope it got better but based on what I saw as I gave part two a chance during it's encore run, it doesn't look like it.

Quark 01-31-2008 10:38 PM

Yeah, dude I actually totally agree with you. Some of the Sci-Fi Channel shows are very lame. I was flipping through the channels one day, and happened to watch this seriously fake original movie about large spiders attacking a city...that was so lame I just had to watch the rest of it just for laughs. It's amazing how much effort and work people put into these stories that look like they were done on home video when it came to action or something like that. And they get such high name actors. For me, the best Sci-Fi Channel mini-series was The Triangle. It had that dude from Jurassic Park, Sam Neill. I thought it was very original. However, it was confusing at parts. Oh my God, talk about a really bad Sci-Fi Channel movie event...Showdown at Area51...LAME!!! LOL But back to Tin Man, you didn't miss much, lol.

starbase63 02-01-2008 03:54 AM

I have a bad feeling that if someone had the guramba to try to redo "Wizard of Oz" in a "fresh new" way and "Tin Man" is what they came up with, it gives me reservations on what is being done to TOS for the movie...

:rolleyes:

sir num nums 03-09-2008 08:20 PM

SCI-FI ran the mini series again today, and this time I watched it. The first time was a little put off by what it was. But I was rather impressed by the movie.

It also comes out on DVD this Tuesday...

Quark 03-10-2008 11:52 AM

I have got to get it! The ending was a little cheesy I must say, but it was a cool miniseries. I liked The Triangle with Sam Neill much better though.

Saquist 03-10-2008 11:53 AM

I saw this on the Sci Fi series network...I wasn't....trilled about it.
Lots of things on the network are pretty cheesy.

the_tortel! 03-10-2008 01:54 PM

good, cheesy though it may be

sir num nums 03-10-2008 03:11 PM

Well, it was 6 hours that could have been about 2.5 hours long.

And the ending... Well, it just ended, not much to it.

Quark 03-10-2008 11:42 PM

So...she just lives the rest of her life in this castle...don't mean to kill it but...what about her bike? lolz