The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What other 24th Century Characters will be in the Movie? (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164)

GiarcYekrub 01-31-2008 03:09 PM

What other 24th Century Characters will be in the Movie?

I think it'll be between Picard or Riker, If it's Riker then there is the oportunity to show off the Titan on the Big Screen, but if it's Picard at least we'll see the Enterprise E one last for awhile at least.

HRH The KING 01-31-2008 03:12 PM

Hopefully none.

Other than Spock I don't see the need.

Certainly I don't think Riker or Picard are required.

Aaleck 01-31-2008 03:13 PM

What movie are you talking about? :S I don't think XI will have Picard or Riker lol...

NCC-73515 01-31-2008 03:18 PM

Having Riker bring Spock to the time machine would show us the Titan in the introduction...
And in the end the 1701-E with Picard saves old Spock/Kirk/both. How would that be?

Like in IV, when the first and third part took place (or time?) in the future - and the middle part was set in the past. Could be the same here...

That would make everyone happy: the TOS-fans, the TNG-fans (giving TNG a far better sendoff), the non-fans wouldn't care...

GiarcYekrub 01-31-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCC-73515 (Post 2487)
Having Riker bring Spock to the time machine would show us the Titan in the introduction...
And in the end the 1701-E with Picard saves old Spock/Kirk/both. How would that be?

Like in IV, when the first and third part took place (or time?) in the future - and the middle part was set in the past. Could be the same here...

That would make everyone happy: the TOS-fans, the TNG-fans (giving TNG a far better sendoff), the non-fans wouldn't care...

Yeah I like your thinking

Old Darth 01-31-2008 03:55 PM

What time machine? The Guardian? That has already been discounted.

Spock/Nimoy is probably going to slingshot in a private vessel.

Captain_of_the_Enterprise 01-31-2008 04:25 PM

I'd always love to see Picard again, but it won't happen here.

intrepid 01-31-2008 04:30 PM

I'm tired of time travel. do we really need to time travel all the time to tell interesting stories? If you think about it, almost every movie had time travel in it...

James08 01-31-2008 04:31 PM

I'm not sure. I have the feeling the movie will begin in the TNG-era with Spock, so maybe a dialogue with one of the characters of that era will spawn his mission. It might not be a major role, but its a slight possibility. I just hope that they don't smother the film with cameos....

Derek Kessler 01-31-2008 05:27 PM

Spock, Nero, and Ayel. Maybe some other nameless Lieutenants or Centurions. I wouldn't count on any other cameo roles.