The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Star Trek Discussions (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Weird Fan Story Idea.... (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1603)

Yagami Crewman 04-25-2008 11:55 PM

Weird Fan Story Idea....

Have had this weird idea for a story based on the idea that the irksome Q has taken up gardening of a sort... Raising young civilizations like a human might grow roses. But Q finds his garden has a pest problem. Q doesn't want to just remove the pests by snapping his fingers because that might make his garden too dependent on him and not grow strong enough to look after itself.

The solution: Bring in humans to act as his pest control and they will teach the growing races to stand up on their own. The problem is that Picard will ask too many questions, Sisko would (If he were in the human realm) Just hit him again, and Janeway would rip him a new singularity....

So he chooses Starfleet Officers who are already dead and revives them and gives them a ship without explaining anything to them, confident they will do what he wants naturally as they pass through on their way home. (This has the added advantage that he doesn't have to ever admit they ever did anything for him....)

So in this bizarre situation, what destroyed or lost ship and what deceased officers to man it should Q pick for this?

DNA-1842 04-26-2008 04:09 AM

I like your idea!

Enterprise C, Data... I cannot think of anyone else just now...

Yagami Crewman 04-26-2008 10:26 AM

Thank You! I was indeed considering either Enterprise or Enterprise-C

Data could be good.

Others I have been considering:

Captain James T. Kirk

Lieutenant Commander Jadzia Dax

Lieutenant Tasha Yar

Commander Charles Tucker: Chief Engineer

Lieutenant Joe Carey: Asst. Chief Engineer

Lieutenant Lee Kelso: Navigator

Lieutenant Hawk

Ensign Seto Jaksa

Ensign Rizzo

Crewman Enrique Muniz

I'm at a loss for a CMO so I'm considering the EMH from Enterprise-E since although presumably not destroyed he was removed.

KFoxed 04-27-2008 02:27 PM

This is a great idea indeed!

I love the idea! It's very fun to think about. It would make a great book. I personally would pick Enterprise with Captain Kirk (who else?) as ships captain. Data would be my obviouse choice for first officer.

Yagami Crewman 04-27-2008 10:05 PM

All right. I had been considering Jadzia as First officer but as Data WAS about to become First officer of the Enterprise-E, he would be the logical choice. So I'm Thinking Kirk, Data, Jadzia Dax, and Trip Tucker in that order as the senior officers and aboard Enterprise-C?

Lt. Fordman 04-27-2008 10:21 PM

Enterprise C
Captain Rachael Garret
Data as First Officer, Tucker as the Chief, Lt Hawk as Security Officer, Jadzia as Science Officer and as CMO I would use the EMH as well.

Yagami Crewman 04-27-2008 11:25 PM

Looks like I need to brush up on the specs of the Ambassador Class a bit. :001_cool:

Any opinions on who definitely NOT to use?

tejdog1 04-28-2008 04:16 PM

Why not Spock and McCoy?

And Data. Make it a really good crew.

Saquist 04-28-2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yagami Crewman (Post 45999)
Have had this weird idea for a story based on the idea that the irksome Q has taken up gardening of a sort... Raising young civilizations like a human might grow roses. But Q finds his garden has a pest problem. Q doesn't want to just remove the pests by snapping his fingers because that might make his garden too dependent on him and not grow strong enough to look after itself.

The solution: Bring in humans to act as his pest control and they will teach the growing races to stand up on their own. The problem is that Picard will ask too many questions, Sisko would (If he were in the human realm) Just hit him again, and Janeway would rip him a new singularity....

So he chooses Starfleet Officers who are already dead and revives them and gives them a ship without explaining anything to them, confident they will do what he wants naturally as they pass through on their way home. (This has the added advantage that he doesn't have to ever admit they ever did anything for him....)

So in this bizarre situation, what destroyed or lost ship and what deceased officers to man it should Q pick for this?

Imaginative...an incredible Idea...
(I hear an echo)

I would suggest some the ones you listed.

Lt. Carey (absolutely)

Captains
But also consider for Captain either the Captain of the 23rd Century Saratoga (the black female) or the Vulcan Captain of the 24 Century Saratoga.

But my favorite...the one who showed the most character was Captain Keogh of the Starship Odyssey

Ensign Seto Jaksa is real good.
Aswell as Tasha Yar...It's always good to have Tasha back.

CMO
I would say Doctor McCoy is a prime Choice.

Zardoz 04-29-2008 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yagami Crewman (Post 45999)

John Harriman and the Enterprise B. That way you can write an end for the B. Also has the advatage of being (at least partially) in a Trek time we haven't experienced, the early 24th century.

You could even have the ability of Q to take them out of time, and put them back at the end with no memory of the events, so that it does not screw up any other Q story.