The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   [Text]book example... (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12116)

Quark 07-02-2013 12:49 PM

[Text]book example...

I was about to get off the freeway on the way to my friend's pad in Carson, California when all of a sudden the car in front of me stopped. Now, being the safe driver that I am, I give myself the space of two cars in front of me so that I have space to stop. It was a sudden stop so I had to apply the breaks pretty fast. Anyway, as I look behind me I notice that this idiot of a driver is getting closer to my car. Now, my instincts were to get out of the way but I knew if I did that I would risk hitting a car on my left or right side. So, I stay there. Assuming the driver had any sense and would stop, he just got closer and closer. Come to find out the guy was texting while driving! He hits the back of my car and dang, talk about a nice whiplash. Anyway, that happens and we exchange information and all that fun stuff and he had the nerve to get an attitude with me telling me that I stopped all of a sudden when he clearly had plenty of space to stop. Anyway, the damage to the car wasn't that bad. The tail lights and glass was intact, but boy did I have to deal with the aftermath. Talk about an inconvenience! Ugh, and what's worse is that I was coming down with a cold. So, all the more reason to have stayed at home. In either case, what a jerk. It's like, RIGHT when I'm about to get off the freeway. Ugh....Anyway, that's my update. lol

NCC-73515 07-02-2013 04:18 PM

And now you know why I hate driving. It's not the driving itself, which can be really enjoyable, it's the people!

omegaman 07-02-2013 04:30 PM

Driving anywhere is big gamble these days. Your life is not yours on the road.

Captain Tom Coughlin 07-03-2013 01:32 AM

I got rear ended like that once just sitting at a stop light. This was in the days before ubiquitous cell phone use so who knows what that kid was thinking. Minor damage, no injuries. But a hell of a shock!

horatio 07-03-2013 01:50 AM

I always drive French style. Don't break and you won't lose.

OK, not really, this only works in France. Germans are car-crazy, we don't even have a speed limit on highways.

Captain Tom Coughlin 07-03-2013 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horatio (Post 329314)
I always drive French style. Don't break and you won't lose.

OK, not really, this only works in France. Germans are car-crazy, we don't even have a speed limit on highways.

haha, I like the French approach

Quark 07-03-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Tom Coughlin (Post 329313)
I got rear ended like that once just sitting at a stop light. This was in the days before ubiquitous cell phone use so who knows what that kid was thinking. Minor damage, no injuries. But a hell of a shock!

I bet it was the last light before getting home right? Lol

Captain Tom Coughlin 07-03-2013 07:33 PM

Just the opposite, one of the first lights on my way to work. Great start to the day. It was a long time ago though.

Quark 07-04-2013 05:31 PM

That's good it was a while ago. It's ironic but everytime I go on the freeway now, I see people texting...even the cops...Could it be a sign from the prophets? :P