The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   2000 Canadians Will Invade Columbus, Ohio This Saturday (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1208)

Enterprise Captain 03-26-2008 05:08 AM

2000 Canadians Will Invade Columbus, Ohio This Saturday

This Saturday is the start of Major League Soccer's 2008 season and it's going to be a good one. The hype is building for the largest fan organized away trip in MLS history and if you are going to be in the Columbus area this Saturday you may want to come and check it out:

Columbus Crew Supporters & Info:
Official Columbus Crew Site
Crew Union
Hudson Street Hooligans
Crewture
Crew vs. TFC at Big Soccer

Toronto FC Supporters & Info:
Official Toronto FC Site
U-Sector
Red Patch Boys
The Northend Elite
Tribal Rhythm Nation
Go Toronto FC

jerhanner 03-26-2008 05:17 AM

Does Canada have soccer hooligans?

Enterprise Captain 03-26-2008 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerhanner (Post 31798)
Does Canada have soccer hooligans?

Depends on your definition of hooligans.

MissionTrek08 03-26-2008 11:29 AM

Columbus Ohio. You Will Be Assimilated. Resistance Is Futile, Eh.

Enterprise Captain 03-26-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissionTrek08 (Post 32121)
Columbus Ohio. You Will Be Assimilated. Resistance Is Futile, Eh.

Just aboot.

Gary Seven 03-26-2008 03:24 PM

The Heart of Buckeye Nation

Welcome to my town. Check out the Arena District and the Short North, Easton and High Street at The Ohio State University campus.

Have a great time and I hope the weather holds. Forecast calls for clear skies with highs in the mid-50's.

jerhanner 03-26-2008 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enterprise Captain (Post 31820)
Depends on your definition of hooligans.

The kind that drink beer and hit things. I know I've met some hockey hooligans, I just wondered if there was any crossover!

Enterprise Captain 03-27-2008 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Seven (Post 32275)
Welcome to my town. Check out the Arena District and the Short North, Easton and High Street at The Ohio State University campus.

Have a great time and I hope the weather holds. Forecast calls for clear skies with highs in the mid-50's.

You should come out for the game I hear there are still plenty of tickets and the atmosphere is going to be top notch. This will be my second time in Columbus, the first was last year for the TFC vs. Columbus match but we only had 150 people go down then. On that trip we visited the Arena district and it was pretty fun but unfortunately we didn't have a lot of time for sight seeing and I don't think we will this year either. We are leaving Toronto at 5:00am on Saturday and going straight to Columbus Crew Stadium where we will stay until 6:30pm. The rest of the night is reserved for drinking and sleeping and then we are on our way home at 11:30am Sunday. It will be fun though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerhanner (Post 32348)
The kind that drink beer and hit things. I know I've met some hockey hooligans, I just wondered if there was any crossover!

I'm sure there are a few among the group that engage in such activities but the majority is pretty civil. I personally enjoy the sauce but I'm quite the positive, happy drunk and rarely find the need to hit anything. If you want to see some real football hooliganism check out "The Real Football Factories" the guys featured on that show are the most extreme examples, North America is quite calm for hooliganism.

Gary Seven 03-27-2008 05:20 PM

Perhaps I'll check it out. Thanks. You'll notice a new addition to Crew Stadium when you return. They've built a stage platform at the north stands for concerts. Should be popular this summer.

If you can, check out a pub called "Barley's" It's located on High Street a couple of blocks north of the Arena District. It's across the street from the convention center. Nice selection of brews. Great place to go and everything else is within walking distance.

kukalakana 03-27-2008 10:43 PM

:001_cool: :w00t::grouphug: :001_tt2:
HOPE IT'S HEAPS OF FUN FER YA!

++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++