The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   My New Orleans Comic Con 2012 Experience (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11990)

martok2112 11-30-2012 07:43 PM

My New Orleans Comic Con 2012 Experience

My New Orleans Comic Con 2012 Experience

DAY 1: Got in at 4pm, which was when they opened the floor to us non-VIP types. Lots of cool stuff that made you feel like a kid in a candy store (or more accurately, toy store). Bought several t-shirts. As far as Galactica went, they only had one original series based t-shirt, and that was the pic that you see for the old movie poster, or novel cover of Saga of a Star World. HAD to get that! Also got two new BSG shirts and a Weyland Yutani t-shirt. They threw in a patch of my choice...and I had three choices, but had to toss coin to narrow it down. Ended up with the patch that Colonial Warriors wore on their uniforms in the new show. (BSG 75) Got a t-shirt with the Comics Code from 1954. Bought a die-cast Hot Wheels miniature of the new Enterprise from the recent Star Trek movie, which will sit nicely beside my refit Enterprise, Enterprise D, U.S.S. Reliant, and Klingon Bird of Prey from the same Hot Wheels line. Sat and had my picture taken in the DeLorean replica for a 20 dollar donation to Team Fox (Michael J. Fox's Parkinson's Disease charity).

Met Marina Sirtis for the second time. Got her autograph. Met Michael Dorn, got his autograph. Met David Della Rocca and Sean Patrick Flannerhy of Boondock Saints and got autographs and pics taken with them.
Saw some cute cosplay chicks. A very lovely Zatanna cosplayer. A mighty fine Psylocke cosplayer (who is a professional costume maker... Yaya Han). And a cute little Misty cosplayer from Pokemon.

Eliza Dushku is supposed to appear tomorrow. I am not sure if I want to be anywhere near her, because I looked at the pics I had taken of me with the Boondock Saints, and I look like a frakkin' creep. If I look that unattractive, I don't think I want to present myself to someone of such beauty.

Overall, fun first day. Will likely go in around noon-ish tomorrow.

NCC-73515 12-01-2012 10:22 AM

I envy you so much :D
Now I know what it means... to miss New Orleans...

martok2112 12-01-2012 01:00 PM

Nothing to miss, NCC.
Day 2 was a waste of time for me, serving as nothing more than a reminder of how sub-f***ing human I am, and how I don't belong in this race.

DNA-1842 12-01-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martok2112 (Post 327532)
Nothing to miss, NCC.
Day 2 was a waste of time for me, serving as nothing more than a reminder of how sub-f***ing human I am, and how I don't belong in this race.

I think you need a higher opinion of yourself. :001_tongue: The fact that you recognise that this quality could be applied to you would indicate to me that it doesn't in fact apply. If you see what I mean.

martok2112 12-01-2012 10:38 PM

Kinda like: "If you can ask yourself if you've gone insane, then chances are, you're not insane." ? :)

I appreciate the thought, DNA. :) I'm slowly getting over it. But, I did waste 80 bucks on a 3 day ticket. I won't be going back for the final day tomorrow. I didn't even get to meet Eliza Dushku like I'd wanted....but, looking the creep that I do, I didn't want to offend her with my presence.

Jed Starkiller 12-03-2012 11:08 AM

Sounds like over all it was a good Con trip! Sorry missed Eliza she's a hottie.

kevin 12-03-2012 12:43 PM

Hopefully you didn't let it get in the way of having a good time.

horatio 12-03-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martok2112 (Post 327536)
I didn't want to offend her with my presence.

That's not the way a Klingon behaves in the presence of an attractive female. ;)

Seriously, in my opinion self-doubt is an important trait in a society where people who never reflect upon themselves have better chances at everything. But I also think it is important to focus on one's qualities while feeling like a bag of sh*t. So no more subhuman creep and more sexy singer or southern gentleman talk. :001_smile:

martok2112 12-03-2012 11:30 PM

Ha ha ha ha.....sexy singer, maybe. Gentleman, for sure. Southern Gentleman....bite thy tongue. :)

Captain Tom Coughlin 12-04-2012 03:40 PM

I could see myself riding off into the sunset with her :thumbup: