The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So is Cumberbatch Gary Mitchell or not? (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11791)

starbase63 07-09-2012 07:45 AM

So is Cumberbatch Gary Mitchell or not?

Supposedly there's a quote circulating from Karl Urban that Benedict Cumberbatch is indeed Gary Mitchell in ST2013...

He said,
“[Cumberbatch is] awesome, he’s a great addition, and I think his Gary Mitchell is going to be exemplary.”

No confirmation yet, but...

kevin 07-09-2012 08:23 AM

That rumour has popped up on a couple of websites now. But until confirmation comes...............

I think that character makes more sense than Khan in terms of Cumberbatch's appearance and I would have hugely less of a problem with it being him than if he were Khan. It does fit with yet more of the long standing rumours of who may crop up (since Mitchell was, I believe one of the 5 listed candidates on that news bit from about 18 months ago).

And I say that being fond of 'Where No Man Has Gone Before'.

I wonder if the Liithium refinery will now be on a 'different' Delta Vega. Lol! If it hadn't been stated that Alice Eve was playing a new character I would even think she could be the perfect Dehner as well. Same style blonde haircut and blue uniform in that photosnap a few months back.

Quark 07-09-2012 10:55 AM

I thought he is going to be Khan?

Captain Tom Coughlin 07-09-2012 11:06 AM

The Khan thing was false.

kevin 07-09-2012 11:07 AM

To date, there has never been official studio confirmation of Khan. Only rumour upon rumour.

samwiseb 07-09-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin (Post 325016)
To date, there has never been official studio confirmation of Khan. Only rumour upon rumour.

Exactly.

Only problem is, Mitchell is supposed to already be dead in this timestream. Assuming the Star Trek Ongoing comics are as official as Orci-Kurtzman say they are.

NCC-73515 07-09-2012 01:21 PM

He even said there were already some hints in those comics...

kevin 07-09-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samwiseb (Post 325018)
Exactly.

Only problem is, Mitchell is supposed to already be dead in this timestream. Assuming the Star Trek Ongoing comics are as official as Orci-Kurtzman say they are.

I haven't been keeping up on those..............that would appear to be a problem if so. Yes.

martok2112 07-09-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Tom Coughlin (Post 325015)
The Khan thing was false.

(Dr. Evil voice)

So someone was being a....Khan artist?

(evil pinky to evil lower lip)

:D

Damage75 07-09-2012 02:03 PM

I think the new movie may be following the same infamous misdirection that was done with the first JJ film. It's entirely possible Urban "slipped" on purpose.