The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   10 reasons to like the Star Trek film: (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11544)

DNA-1842 02-13-2012 03:05 PM

10 reasons to like the Star Trek film:

1. Leonard Nimoy 2. Zachary Quinto 3. The music 4. The music 5. The music 6. The music 7. The music 8. The music 9. The music 10. Did I mention the music? Right now I am rather impatiently waiting for the next film to be released for reasons 3-10 as discussed above.

Doo, doo-doo-doo-dooo,
Doo, doo-doo-doo-doooooooo,
Doooooo, doo-doo-doo-doooooooo DOOOOOOOOO!
Doo-doo do-do, da-doo-doo-dooooo,
etc...

I felt the need to share this, as I have felt the urge to rewatch the movie, and feel like watching it again: Even though, right at this moment, I am also listening to the soundtrack right after having finished watching the film.

Ahhhh, that music.... :thumbup::willy_nilly::thumbup1::cool:

Anyone share my opinion on the music?

omegaman 02-13-2012 03:28 PM

Music score is wonderful overall. It invokes precise feelings throughout the film.

kevin 02-14-2012 09:10 AM

I did like the music, probably the best score since FC in a Trek film. I'd say I actually like it more than FC but I like the main title from FC quite a lot.

NCC-73515 02-14-2012 10:17 AM

WOK, TVH, TUC, FC, and INS were better :p

kevin 02-14-2012 10:36 AM

You know, that makes me realise that I could sit here for the rest of my life and not remember a single musical piece from Insurrection or Nemesis, yet I can recall parts of varying lengths of the scores from every other one of the films. Sorta makes me wonder suddenly if that Berman 'don't do music' ethos finally penetrated through to the TNG films.

Captain Tom Coughlin 02-14-2012 11:15 AM

The music was very cool. The movie overall had a great look and feel to it. Everything synched up well.

DNA-1842 02-14-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omegaman (Post 321385)
Music score is wonderful overall. It invokes precise feelings throughout the film.

Exactly, the whole thing meshes together nicely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin (Post 321395)
I did like the music, probably the best score since FC in a Trek film. I'd say I actually like it more than FC but I like the main title from FC quite a lot.

The main title music from FC is very beautiful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCC-73515 (Post 321396)
WOK, TVH, TUC, FC, and INS were better :p

I can only vaguely remember the music from any of them apart from FC, which I am very familiar with. Generations, FC and the new movie are the only ones I have access to. My Grandad has them all, which is the only opportunity I ever have to watch the other movies. I seem to remember liking the score of TUC...

But Michael Giacchino's score... Well, it has everything I like about music. There is just not enough of it!! It should be made into a symphony...

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin (Post 321397)
You know, that makes me realise that I could sit here for the rest of my life and not remember a single musical piece from Insurrection or Nemesis, yet I can recall parts of varying lengths of the scores from every other one of the films. Sorta makes me wonder suddenly if that Berman 'don't do music' ethos finally penetrated through to the TNG films.

Music can make or break a film. With a better, more distinctive, elative score: Nemesis could have been half decent. Similarly, the new film would have fallen completely flat had MG's score not been absolutely suited to the directing and the production. I don't think John Williams could have scored this film as well, and I don't think Hans Zimmer could have either. Thomas Newman, perhaps, but his soundtracks tend to be more muted in colour, if you'll forgive synæsthetic parlance...

Okay, I just paraphrased the film. Hmm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Tom Coughlin (Post 321398)
The music was very cool. The movie overall had a great look and feel to it. Everything synched up well.

It did. Ach! I cannot express my love for the music of this film!!!!

horatio 02-14-2012 02:21 PM

Most music is pretty generic. There are rarely pieces in Trek which actually express something, the intro from FC being perhaps the clearest example.