The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Deep Space Nine (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   "Q-Less" (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11339)

Quark 10-26-2011 05:19 PM

"Q-Less"

Okay, here is one of my favorite adventures with the mischievous Q. He has arrived on DS9. Why wouldn't Q just prevent any danger from happening to the station by protecting them from that unknown life form hidden in the crystal that had to be released from the station? If he is all-knowing and can do as he pleases, why wasn't he able to just rid the station of it and transfer it to a safer location? Q warns, "My advice to you is to evacuate now." Now, remember this is someone who brought the Federation into early contact with the Borg and the Ferengi.

Could this have been something that was really out of Q's hands or did he just not care enough to save the crew of the station since Vash was unwilling to join him in the Continuum?

NCC-73515 10-27-2011 10:36 AM

He didn't care.
I don't see the Ferengi connection :confused1:

Quark 10-27-2011 12:42 PM

Didn't Q introduce the Ferengi to the Federation?

samwiseb 10-27-2011 05:42 PM

Umm... no.

Captain Tom Coughlin 10-27-2011 10:10 PM

Never liked the Q/Vash jilted lover nonsense. Totally out of character for Q.

horatio 10-27-2011 10:23 PM

Indeed. Love, suicide, procreation, in DS9 and VOY Q was anthropomorphized far too much.
In addition to that Q without Picard is like beer without alcohol, doable but not advisable.

Captain Tom Coughlin 10-27-2011 10:24 PM

Well said :)

Captain Tom Coughlin 10-27-2011 10:25 PM

Although, I did like the concept of the bored omnipotent beings in Voyager. The civil war episode was nonsense though.

horatio 10-27-2011 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Tom Coughlin (Post 319079)
Although, I did like the concept of the bored omnipotent beings in Voyager. The civil war episode was nonsense though.

The boredom of the gods makes you view our mortality in a different light.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quark (Post 319073)
Didn't Q introduce the Ferengi to the Federation?

Perhaps you mix them together because the Borg were meant to be a substitute for the Ferengi after they failed to be the Fed's new archenemy in The Last Outpost?
Strange how failure can often be extremely productive. They couldn't have come up with the DS9 Ferengi from scratch.

Quark 10-31-2011 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Tom Coughlin (Post 319079)

Yeah, certainly wasn't a favorite of mine...