The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   JJ: "He's in" (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11290)

BlackBox 09-22-2011 10:00 AM

JJ: "He's in"

According to sources close to JJ whom I cannot name, it's now absolutely certain that Shat will be in XII.

NCC-73515 09-22-2011 12:21 PM

In the after credit scene as Emperor Tiberius?

martok2112 09-22-2011 12:52 PM

I think the next Trek movie needs to stand on its own legs, and not involve old cast members again.

The first movie did fine with Nimoy passing on the torch. The torch has now been passed....no need to set the hut on fire.

omegaman 09-22-2011 01:34 PM

According to sources from the alternate future… he's not in!

BlackBox 09-22-2011 04:16 PM

I'm not sure which part he's playing, but my hope is that he will replace Pine as Kirk. For anyone who thinks Shat is too old, remember:

1) Shat still looks really young.

2) If necessary, CGI could be used to make him look younger.

3) Shat has played young-Kirk before. In fact, he has way more experience than anyone else in the role. How could anyone say he can't play young-Kirk? It's just not logical. He's done it before, he can do it again.

NCC-73515 09-22-2011 04:32 PM

Sure, Pine's contract is simply invalid and Kirk has played a -50 years version of Kirk maaany times before.

jerhanner 09-22-2011 07:34 PM

Never mind the fact that Shat, an obese 80+ something, can't act his way out of a paper bag. To be fair, he couldn't act in the 1960s either.
I mean, I'm a girl and I had the hots for him BIG time, but I've learned to let go. Seriously. I pray to all the god and demigods he's playing a denivian slime devil and it's a brief cameo. Why cheese up a good action flick otherwise?
KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAHN! :ack2:

kevin 09-23-2011 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerhanner (Post 318183)
Never mind the fact that Shat, an obese 80+ something, can't act his way out of a paper bag. To be fair, he couldn't act in the 1960s either.

Lol! Jer, you always give me a good chuckle! :thumbup:

Saquist 09-23-2011 12:13 AM

Well...considering that the first movie was one corny cliche after another...(enter Shatner)

horatio 09-23-2011 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerhanner (Post 318183)
I mean, I'm a girl and I had the hots for him BIG time, but I've learned to let go. Seriously. I pray to all the god and demigods he's playing a denivian slime devil and it's a brief cameo. Why cheese up a good action flick otherwise?
KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAHN! :ack2:

Although you did not type it I somehow read "obese fu*k" instead of "obese 80+ something".