The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The New Enterprise... (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11123)

Quark 05-15-2011 12:51 PM

The New Enterprise...

You know, after all this time...I just still can't adjust to the new design of the ship. I really am disappointed with Ryan Church...I mean if you think about it, the nacelles are just too top heavy and the supports are just way too far back on the ****. I mean, the secondary hull is practically nothing. I don't know, I mean don't get me wrong, some angles of the ship are awesome! But, then again, some other angles just don't do it for me. It's hard to take it seriously. I would have to say that I prefer the Protector from Galaxy Quest over the new design.

But who knows, I mean I haven't even adjusted to Daniel Craig being the new 007...new...wow he's been 007 since 2006...but still! It's hard to adjust and who knows if I ever will. Same goes for the Enterprise design.

kevin 05-15-2011 01:05 PM

The new Enterprise definitely is not as bad as the Daniel Craig Bond reboot...............that I can absolutely say.

Nothing is as bad as that.

horatio 05-15-2011 01:15 PM

I think she looks unbalanced in static shots but great in dynamic shots. And while I am too old-fashioned for MTV-speed movies quick cuts, dynamic Enterprise shoots, running through the corridors and so on matches the youth of the characters.

Captain Tom Coughlin 05-15-2011 01:26 PM

Maybe I'm strange, but I like the Bond reboot :)

And I also like the new Enterprise, although I like the TMP era refit more.

omegaman 05-15-2011 01:47 PM

I've grown to love the new ship… I also love the bond reboot…

Captain Tom Coughlin 05-15-2011 01:49 PM

Maybe there is a correlation between people who like the Bond reboot and people who like the new Enterprise:lol:

omegaman 05-15-2011 01:51 PM

Maybe we're a certain age group? I'm coming up to 56 in July.

Captain Tom Coughlin 05-15-2011 01:55 PM

You got about 20 years on me

horatio 05-15-2011 01:55 PM

It's hard to imagine a more ironic, distanced Bond these days as grim heroes with issues are a 00s thing (you could easily imagine Craig and Bale changing roles). So I think the new Bond is fine.

FireDevlin 05-15-2011 01:55 PM

I am mediocre, abivalent I suppose on the Nu Enterprise. I have been a Bond guy since 6th grade, and I was mortified that some blond dude from the 'Munich' movie was gonna be Bond.

Was I way wrong. Keeping with the times, it added a grit never seen and I loved it. Solace was a let-down, but Royale was amazing to me. The got me hook, line and sinker.

NuTrek not so much, but I am hoping for a better story this next time, you never know.