The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Skyline (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10925)

I-Am-Zim 11-22-2010 07:27 AM

Skyline

Anyone seen "Skyline" yet? If you haven't, don't waste your money!!! It was a bottomless pit of STUPID!!! Especially the ending. The effects and CGI were great. But the movie was fruggin stupid. It was like "Cloverfield" mixed with "District 9" and "War of The Worlds" only ten times worse! I don't know what's going on lately. I've seen at least 4 movies recently that looked fantastic in the previews but ended up being severe disappointments. "District 9", "Monsters", and "Skyline" are the most recent. There's another, but I can't remember it for the life of me. I guess it was just so bad I've blocked it out. The best movie I've seen in the past six months was "Despicable Me". I LOVED that movie. I was rolling on the floor laughing my a$$ off through just about the whole movie. It was great!!! "It's so fluffy!!!!" :lol:

Anyway, don't waste your money on "Skyline" unless you just love torturing yourself with absolute inane drivel. That was 2 hours of my life I wish I could get back.:thumbdown:

Saquist 11-22-2010 07:59 AM

My couzin told me it was bad and I was thinking I wanted to see it like big time but if Lil Tony don't like it then there was no way in heck I was going to see it

I-Am-Zim 11-22-2010 08:31 AM

Yeppers. It was horrible. There was no story. No plot. Not one single explanation for who the aliens were, where they came from, or what their motivation was. Well, their motivation was sort of revealed, kinda, at the end. But it was vague and really stupid. But the very end of the movie just made me want to slap the writer upside his head. Ugh. I don't even want to think about it anymore.

kevin 11-22-2010 08:51 AM

Yeah, I decided to skip it from the trailer already.

Course, speaking of films one regrets seeing - I saw Due Date at the weekend and that I sat through that pathetic crap makes me furious.

I-Am-Zim 11-22-2010 08:54 AM

I have to agree. I wasn't exactly sold on it from the previews. It just doesn't look like something I'd be able to sit through.

kevin 11-22-2010 08:56 AM

Due Date? Your missing nothing.

Lemme tell you, it was the blackest, vilest, most heartless excuse for a 'comedy' I've ever watched.

And I'm not even a prude when it comes to topics for comedy.

martok2112 11-22-2010 09:59 AM

Yeah, I've universally heard that Skyline sucked donkey yarbles, so I'll dodge this one. I might wait for the DVD release.

Saquist 11-22-2010 12:07 PM

I don't think even then.
4 dollars may be over paying....I can wait a year on cable.

I-Am-Zim 11-22-2010 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saquist (Post 310705)
I don't think even then.
4 dollars may be over paying....I can wait a year on cable.

Even then you'd be losing almost 2 hours of your life that you'll never be able to get back. I really wish I hadn't sat through it. I'll never get that time, or money, back now.:mad:

I-Am-Zim 11-22-2010 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martok2112 (Post 310698)
Yeah, I've universally heard that Skyline sucked donkey yarbles, so I'll dodge this one. I might wait for the DVD release.

"sucked donkey yarbles":lol:

I gotta remember that!!:thumbup: