The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   StarCrash (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10834)

kevin 08-21-2010 02:25 PM

StarCrash

Has anyone ever seen this movie?

I saw the DVD for sale in my local HMV and didn't actually buy it but after reading the back cover about Caroline Munro and 'sexy space gals' on her journey to save the Galaxy from eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevilllllllllllllllll lll!! I had to look it up. I might just have to buy it now.................

Made in 1979 (if you can at all believe it!!) the trailer is an absolute hoot! I lost count of how many flicks they seemed to be ripping off in it! Plus, it has The Hoff in it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzfuNSpP0RA

Seriously, this is the description on the back -

''The entire galaxy is in peril and infamous space-smuggler Stella Star, the greatest star pilot ever to command a vessel, is its only hope. The evil Count Zartharn from the League of the Dark Worlds has constructed a weapon of limitless power capable of destroying anything in its path. Stella Star and her loyal crew must navigate the darkest corners of the solar system to find the Count's hideout and bring his reign of terror to an end.

Originally released the year after Star Wars and with a Barbarella budget, this piece of cult cinema is a sexy space classic and a must see for all sci-fi fans. With the addition of a John Barry soundtrack that makes this DVD a collectable classic.''

Yeah, cause the John Barry soundtrack makes the difference! Lol!!!

Futureguy 08-21-2010 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin (Post 306595)
Has anyone ever seen this movie?

I saw the DVD for sale in my local HMV and didn't actually buy it but after reading the back cover about Caroline Munro and 'sexy space gals' on her journey to save the Galaxy from eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevilllllllllllllllll lll!! I had to look it up. I might just have to buy it now.................

Made in 1979 (if you can at all believe it!!) the trailer is an absolute hoot! I lost count of how many flicks they seemed to be ripping off in it! Plus, it has The Hoff in it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzfuNSpP0RA

Seriously, this is the description on the back -

''The entire galaxy is in peril and infamous space-smuggler Stella Star, the greatest star pilot ever to command a vessel, is its only hope. The evil Count Zartharn from the League of the Dark Worlds has constructed a weapon of limitless power capable of destroying anything in its path. Stella Star and her loyal crew must navigate the darkest corners of the solar system to find the Count's hideout and bring his reign of terror to an end.

Originally released the year after Star Wars and with a Barbarella budget, this piece of cult cinema is a sexy space classic and a must see for all sci-fi fans. With the addition of a John Barry soundtrack that makes this DVD a collectable classic.''

Yeah, cause the John Barry soundtrack makes the difference! Lol!!!

AND in Dolby Stereo! :thumbup:

martok2112 08-21-2010 07:06 PM

Yeah, I've seen part of it, and indeed it rips off just about any sci-fi cult movie that came before...especially Star Wars.

The visual effects in Star Crash make "Battle Beyond the Stars" look like Oscar quality material. And the story (what I've seen of it) is plenty laughable.

I'd watch it only as I would an impending train wreck. LOL!

kevin 08-22-2010 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martok2112 (Post 306602)
Yeah, I've seen part of it, and indeed it rips off just about any sci-fi cult movie that came before...especially Star Wars.

The visual effects in Star Crash make "Battle Beyond the Stars" look like Oscar quality material. And the story (what I've seen of it) is plenty laughable.

I'd watch it only as I would an impending train wreck. LOL!

With that 'I couldn't stop watching even if I tried' kinda way! :lol:

starbase63 08-23-2010 06:53 AM

Wow, I haven't seen "Star Crash" in decades...

I remember when Caroline Munro was the Queen of schlock films...

More recently:

horatio 08-23-2010 10:15 AM

Half-naked chicks with ray-shooting eyes, this has to be good. :willy_nilly:

kevin 08-23-2010 10:16 AM

In fairness................Caroline Munro in her prime..............oh yeah!

horatio 08-23-2010 10:25 AM

A friend of mine migrated to Cardiff a few years ago and one of his favourite discussion topics is that they grow larger on the island than in continental Europe. :D

kevin 08-23-2010 10:27 AM

That's a new theory on me.

Although I once heard of a phenomenon (quite possibly fictional) about living in a slightly higher altitude on the development of certain male aspects.

jla1987 08-25-2010 07:31 AM

You should check out Forbidden World, a Roger Corman Alien rip-off masterpiece!!

Plenty of breasts, gore, and bad acting for everyone to enjoy! :P