The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   3 movies total?? (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1080)

bobbo324 03-15-2008 08:06 PM

3 movies total??

I read an interview with Simon Pegg (the new Scotty) and he talked about his apprehension for being connected to the Star Trek franchise for 9 years, when J.J. said something to the affect of "would it be so bad to hang out every 3 years and make a movie?" So, has anyone else heard about this? Is Paramount really planning on making 3 movies? This was news to me.

Livingston 03-15-2008 08:12 PM

I'm kinda fuzzy on this too. I've heard the actors signed a three picture contract, but I'm not sure that means they'll actually complete three pictures. I think in many instances if there's a chance of a sequel they'll sign the cast to a few more pictures in case they shoot them. I believe they did that with Xmen and Batman with Christian Bale.

If they do make two more movies I'd like to know how they're going to fit into the grand scheme of things.

Elizadolots 03-15-2008 08:13 PM

From what I've read, all the actors had to sign a contract agreeing to appear in 3 movies...but there's no guarantee that there will be even 2 movies. Apparently, that's a fairly standard clause because "sequel" is such a common concept in Hollywood.

MissionTrek08 03-15-2008 08:19 PM

Yes, what they said above. It's standard to sign franchise actors to future sequel deals... but there's no guarantee more films will be made. Fans and their wallets will determine that future next May at the box office.

Berengarius7 03-15-2008 10:17 PM

I'll take 3 films any day over just one. The first film is chiseled in granite, but the potential for the sequels is mind blowing! One can only hope.

emlscs 03-16-2008 02:58 AM

Gosh, I hope they're not thinking of trying the 'trilogy' ala Star Wars... I don't think Kirk has Darth Vader's level of infamy to sustain a 'origin-type' trilogy. But if they emphasize of Kirk-Spock-McCoy, they may have enough juice to keep a trilogy going.

(Is it too much to ask for an NX-01 movie? :001_tongue:

RedShirtWalking 03-16-2008 05:52 AM

C'mon...this is Paramount we're talking about. Of course there will be three movies. They can't help themselves! LOL

I don't think it will be a trilogy. I just think it will be three films.

That Metal Beastie 03-16-2008 06:05 AM

Treks two, three, and four are concidered by most to be a trilogy. Fortunately not ala Star Wars.

I think the 'new trilogy' (fingers crossed!) will be just fine. Its just the waiting...

Chris Fawkes 03-16-2008 06:14 AM

If the movie makes money there will be a sequel. I think there is a pretty good chance of that happening.
If they continue to make money they will ride it for as long as possible. I would expect if they lay good foundations here we may see this crew for 6-8 films.

emlscs 03-16-2008 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Fawkes (Post 26992)
If the movie makes money there will be a sequel. I think there is a pretty good chance of that happening.
If they continue to make money they will ride it for as long as possible. I would expect if they lay good foundations here we may see this crew for 6-8 films.

Or maybe (dare I hope) a series? :001_tongue: