The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   any other Lady Gaga fans here? (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10624)

buffs79 03-14-2010 01:42 AM

any other Lady Gaga fans here?

I suppose blame goes to my brother for getting me into her, but she's honestly one of the better modern singers (and has a great live voice!)

Anyways, who caught her new video with Beyonce? I don't think words can do it justice :lol:

kevin 03-14-2010 03:50 AM

I've not seen this new vid for the track 'Telephone' yet but her album 'The Fame' is actually filled with some pretty slick pop tunes.

I think she's a skoosh mental herself though and she seems to be riffing off a combination of Grace Jones/Madonna and well........just weird......in the costume department though.

That said, actual yellow hair doesn't work on anyone!

MagaditH 03-14-2010 08:27 AM

She looks like some alien from Star Trek.

jla1987 03-14-2010 01:54 PM

I like her. Very unique, to say the least.

Captain Tom Coughlin 03-14-2010 02:00 PM

I'd like to see what she looks like when she's just going to the store or something.

MrQ1701 03-14-2010 05:00 PM

I like Lady Gaga. Her costumes are usually amusing and her videos sexy. Her "Telephone" video makes no sense. I mean... she's singing about being in a club and yet she is in a jail!?? WTF?? Then she says she is losing signal and she is on a payphone!! The rest of the little drama that occurs with Beyonce while the music is stopped is more annoying than entertaining. Lady Gaga should stick to making videos that go with the flow of the song they are intended to represent. I really like the videos for "Bad Romance" and "Lovegame"

chator 03-15-2010 05:06 PM

I like the video for "Just Dance," very interesting. I literally had to watch it at least a dozen times after i saw it the first time. It presents Lady Gaga as the consumate party girl, very charming.

buffs79 03-16-2010 02:38 AM

She's one of the newer artists that I've actually gotten into (the others being Amy Winehouse and The Apples in Stereo)

vuedoc 04-11-2010 08:05 PM

<SIGH> I am sorry but she is one of the examples of why I haven't been listening to anything new since the early 1980s. Everything today has to be a spectacle. It's like glam rock without the musical talent. I could listen to Roxy Music or Ziggy Stardust with my eyes closed and enjoy it just as much. If this chick didn't walk around on stage with her *** out (and I've seen better asses) there'd be nothing to her.

janeway72 04-12-2010 01:04 PM

I quite like her music but have to watch I don;t sing her songs out loud when I'm working. Don't wanna be singing about having a dance on someone's disco stick in a High School :S