The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   South Park Must Be Destroyed! (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10578)

spock84 02-23-2010 05:29 AM

South Park Must Be Destroyed!

Personally, I'm very angry at South Park and the people who think it's better than Family Guy. They must be punished and the show must die, because it's not cool to watch a series where one of the boys thinks it's okay to discriminate the Jews just because Hitler did it, and he was sicker than John Hinkley. :mad:

martok2112 02-23-2010 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spock84 (Post 300294)
Personally, I'm very angry at South Park and the people who think it's better than Family Guy. They must be punished and the show must die, because it's not cool to watch a series where one of the boys thinks it's okay to discriminate the Jews just because Hitler did it, and he was sicker than John Hinkley. :mad:

That show makes fun of everybody, regardless of race, religion/cults (just ask Scientologist Isaac Hayes, oh...wait...he's dead), color, creed, sexual preference, or just general jackassery.

I think it's downright funny, and it's been around for years. Highly doubt it's going away anytime soon.

Best thing to do....don't watch. :)

Hell, Family Guy had a banned episode ("When You Wish Upon A Weinstein") because the Jewish community in general thought it was an offensive episode. And that show makes fun of everybody too.

Besides, none of it (South Park or Family Guy) is real. If we were to quantify South Park in realistic terms, then fine, Eric Cartman (fatass to everyone else) is a misguided little boy who just needs to be made to understand that Jewish folk are generally good folk, and that Hitler was a bad man who did horrible things to those people. Unfortunately, Cartman is raised by a single mom who is an airheaded ***** who doesn't know the first thing about what her son is up to. Fortunately, Cartman does have Kyle, Stan, Kenny (is he still around?), and Butters to keep him in line...even though they have the roughest time doing it.

MagaditH 02-23-2010 06:10 AM

Both South Park and Family guy push it to the edge on who they make fun of. So South Park made fun of the Jews. Family guy made fun of people with AIDS and Down Syndrome. There both the same.

spock84 02-23-2010 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagaditH (Post 300300)
Both South Park and Family guy push it to the edge on who they make fun of. So South Park made fun of the Jews. Family guy made fun of people with AIDS and Down Syndrome. There both the same.

Well, it's different with Family Guy because I think they're honest about it.

Saquist 02-23-2010 06:22 AM

I hate both shows.
They're degenerate forms of entertainment. I'd rather view psychologically up building than the desensitizing shock tactics.

martok2112 02-23-2010 07:51 AM

Then I guess I'm degenerate, 'coz I love 'em both.

Saquist 02-23-2010 08:03 AM

It's always best to be honest.
I wouldn't touch either with a 50' poll. Neither will my kids if I have them.
What you feed the eyes issues forth from the mouth.

That Metal Beastie 02-23-2010 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martok2112 (Post 300296)
That show makes fun of everybody, regardless of race, religion/cults (just ask Scientologist Isaac Hayes, oh...wait...he's dead), color, creed, sexual preference, or just general jackassery.

I think it's downright funny, and it's been around for years. Highly doubt it's going away anytime soon.

Best thing to do....don't watch.

Hell, Family Guy had a banned episode ("When You Wish Upon A Weinstein") because the Jewish community in general thought it was an offensive episode. And that show makes fun of everybody too.

Besides, none of it (South Park or Family Guy) is real. If we were to quantify South Park in realistic terms, then fine, Eric Cartman (fatass to everyone else) is a misguided little boy who just needs to be made to understand that Jewish folk are generally good folk, and that Hitler was a bad man who did horrible things to those people. Unfortunately, Cartman is raised by a single mom who is an airheaded ***** who doesn't know the first thing about what her son is up to. Fortunately, Cartman does have Kyle, Stan, Kenny (is he still around?), and Butters to keep him in line...even though they have the roughest time doing it.

:iagree:
Quote:

Originally Posted by martok2112 (Post 300315)
Then I guess I'm degenerate, 'coz I love 'em both.

As well. With a decided preference for South Park.:001_smile: Or rather:lol::lol:

martok2112 02-23-2010 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saquist (Post 300317)
It's always best to be honest.
I wouldn't touch either with a 50' poll. Neither will my kids if I have them.
What you feed the eyes issues forth from the mouth.

Garbage in/Garbage out. Understood. :)

It's not everyone's cuppa, and it's certainly not meant to be...although I think the world would be a better place if everyone were able to laugh at everything, regardless of the delivery system.

kevin 02-23-2010 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spock84 (Post 300294)

Well, South Park (and Family Guy) do tend to take pot shots at pretty much everything.

Comes with the turf.

Although Family Guy is really spiralling downwards these days - I hardly laugh at anything on it anymore.