The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Caprica (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10478)

FanWriter45 01-25-2010 08:16 AM

Caprica

So, what did you guys think? Personally, I think it was some pretty thoughtful science fiction, compared to the crap we've been getting with remakes of "V" and crappy SyFy movies of the month...

Captain Tom Coughlin 01-25-2010 08:25 AM

I liked it, it has a lot of potential.

jla1987 01-25-2010 08:45 AM

I look forward to finally seeing a new episode Friday. I've watched the pilot a billion times already. I find it more entertaining BSG actually. Very neat concepts about A.I. and love the nods to what we know will happen. I will not miss an episode, just as it was with BSG.

kevin 01-25-2010 09:05 AM

I only have the pilot - the series proper I'll probably have to wait until the whole first season comes out on DVD as I don't have access to channels that will show it in the UK and I can't stream from US sites.

The pilot was pretty solid - it looks like it will do much of what BSG did and actually be an allegory for our world today, with the cover of a family drama allowing them to conceal that bit.

At least it doesn't look like it's been dumbed down from BSG.

Captain Tom Coughlin 02-02-2010 02:55 PM

I'm liking this show so far, I like the gangster uncle.

chator 02-02-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Tom Coughlin (Post 298038)
I'm liking this show so far, I like the gangster uncle.

Yeah, I'm definately liking the Soprano's angle. I just don't know think Battlestar Fans will largely tune in. The show is very different, not a space opera. It's been described as a family drama with social commentary. Although i think the premise is interesting, i don't know what kind of audience will tune in. Hopefully, it will last awhile longer for us to see what kind of show it's developing into.

TNG_Trekman 02-02-2010 04:49 PM

Last week's episode blew me away. The final moment was shocking to me. I won't say for spoiler reasons. They're jumping right into the mud in episode two. I hope it gets better and better!

The opening montage is neat too!

buffs79 02-03-2010 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanWriter45 (Post 296487)
crappy SyFy movies of the month...

Don't be dissin' my Midnight Meat Train :lol:

That Metal Beastie 02-03-2010 03:13 AM

I have the dvd pilot and the 1st hour ep dvr'd but haven't watched them yet. Glad to hear all the great things about it. Kinda thought it'd be good!;)

martok2112 02-03-2010 12:46 PM

So far, I like it. :) It's my battlestar fix without exactly being battlestar. :)