The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   J.J. if you are reading this...[3] (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10200)

BlackBox 12-03-2009 06:25 PM

J.J. if you are reading this...[3]

K...J.J., I now see the logic behind leaving Shat out of the new Trek: u knew that the movie would be so huge cos of it being a reboot that u could save Shat for the sequel, thus ensuring that the sequel would have huge and massive profits/hype. All that I ask is that u make sure Shat has a huge role in the sequel and that u make sure he has at least an hour of screen time. I know u will make the right call.

thx

MrQ1701 12-03-2009 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBox (Post 286765)
K...J.J., I now see the logic behind leaving Shat out of the new Trek: u knew that the movie would be so huge cos of it being a reboot that u could save Shat for the sequel, thus ensuring that the sequel would have huge and massive profits/hype. All that I ask is that u make sure Shat has a huge role in the sequel and that u make sure he has at least an hour of screen time. I know u will make the right call.

thx

:boxing_smiley:

:thumbup:

Clancy_s 12-04-2009 01:26 AM

*boggles*

*giggles*

*moves on*

horatio 12-04-2009 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBox (Post 286765)

thx

Folks, you don't communicate directly with Mr.Abrams. Wishful thinking does not change the reality. :001_tongue:

MrQ1701 12-04-2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horatio (Post 286834)
Folks, you don't communicate directly with Mr.Abrams. Wishful thinking does not change the reality. :001_tongue:

You never know... he may get bored one day and browse the forums himself, ESPECIALLY the official one HERE!!

I think we are a plethora of ideas and most of all FEEDBACK. JJ would be stupid to not have some employees combing the forums for ways to improve his next movie.

horatio 12-04-2009 10:35 AM

Mr.Abrams does not write the script, Mr.Orci and Mr.Kurtzman do. They might check out what fans demand, but I don't see the appeal of creative incest. Logan, Orci, it seems to be a bad idea to let Trekkers write a Trek script. ;)

We need another Meyer, an intellectual who shakes up things (for the better!). Then Trek would be less pop and more art.

starwarsrcks 12-04-2009 10:53 AM

well we are stuck with Orci and Kurtzman for now why do you loathe them.

horatio 12-04-2009 10:57 AM

I don't know the guys so I can hardly hate them. I just think that they are mediocre writers.

kevin 12-04-2009 06:26 PM

Meyer was hit and miss as well. His story for VI might have some relevance to the period in which it was made, but far moreso that II, it really starts to collapse when seriously thought about.

While that's indeed a problem that can be overcome from time to time, it works to the detriment of VI if one does think about the 'reality' of the chain of events.

In such respect, Meyer's plot for VI is a weaker structural piece than TWOK. Even if the thematic elements help boost it. And even that in TWOK has it's issues around the start up.

horatio 12-05-2009 05:20 AM

Although the story is a pretty blunt, it made two important statements. First, that Reagan did not arm the Soviet Union to death (a wide-spread myth at that time as well as today), second, that any peace effort is in vain without a little bit of mutual trust. Peace is risky.
I think it doesn't just work as the Cold War analogy it was meant to be, but also as a more general story about war and peace.

Now these are just ideas distilled from the movie, I can understand that you or other folks consider TUC as mediocre, e.g. the whole Gulag / Rura Penthe part is pretty cheesy.